WASH Officer - Software
- Post Date:January 3, 2017
Increasing self-reliance and supporting access to basic services
How to apply: Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda; or email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th January 2017.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES. Indicate the position in email subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Founded in 1977, GOAL works to promote the realization of the fundamental rights of the poor, the vulnerable, and those affected by humanitarian crisis. GOAL Uganda’s current country programme focuses on Health Accountability and a market based approach to agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission. GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six offices in Kampala, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong, Agago, and Lira Districts.
GOAL is equal opportunity employer Women and People with disability are encouraged to apply. GOAL is committed to the safety and protection of children in our care from intentional and unintentional harm. Candidates will therefore be expected to comply with GOAL Uganda’s child protection policy.
GOAL is seeking to fill the following positions;
WASH Officer – Software (3 Positions)
General Description of the Role:
The WASH Officer shall be responsible for carrying out all demand responsive approach activities, project reporting and monitoring.
The WASH Officer will ensure that all interventions are carried out in a manner that corresponds to the standards and guidelines of the Government of Uganda for WASH as well as donor guidelines.
Reports to: Senior WASH Programme Manager Location: Bugiri Contract period: 1 year
- Develop, review and revise project work plans whenever the needs occur.
- Undertake roll out of CLTS activities in project areas so as to ensure that communities attain Open defecation free status (ODF) status.
- Develop sanitation and hygiene promotion sessions and I.E C materials as well as materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Co-ordinate and conduct training of water user committees in targeted areas on proper operation and maintenance of water points.
- Coordinate with water technical officers to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH program are integrated.
- Prepare weekly planning and updates to share within Senior WASH Programme Manager and WASH Advisor.
- Follow up, spot check on-going activities for quality control; prepare periodical reports: update indicators, achievements, activities and results according to the project log frame.
Experience / Skills:
- University degree in public health, Environmental Health, Social Sciences, or related discipline. Experience may substitute for qualifications, but not the other way round.
- Minimum of two years field experience with a strong focus on sanitation and hygiene promotion approaches like CLTS, Sanitation marketing, operation and maintenance of water points.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of WASH programs
- Having good knowledge and experience of issues related to behaviour change in WASH.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to write clear and well-argued project reports
- Fluency in Kiswahili, Lusamya and Lusoga is an added advantage
- Possession of a riding permit (Class A) and ability to ride a motor cycle is required for this job.