- Post Date:July 18, 2016
- Apply Before: July 19, 2030
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Bachelor Degree
Reports to: Manager Administration
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Coordinates the receiving, documentation, storage, and shipping of materials.
- Receipts and ensures safe custody of supplies, parts and equipments and updates the stores records accordingly.
- Raises stores requisitions for items replenishment as appropriate.
- Reports all rejected purchased materials to the Manager Administration and the Head of Procurement if they do not conform to the requirements as stipulated by the Purchase order.
- Places materials in proper storage locations according to storage and handling lists; initiates storage change forms and documents new storage locations.
- Identifies and records any expired/obsolete stock and compiles items due for disposal.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains warehouse ensuring that all inventories are stored securely and neatly placed throughout the warehouse.
- Prepares and issues materials to authorized personnel as indicated on work orders and stores requisition form through outside logistic company vendors.
- Codes inventory transfers to proper accounts or projects and tasks.
- Performs periodic stock counts and annual physical inventories to verify inventory counts.
- Works with external auditors/ Board of survey teams for year end board of survey audits.
- Compiles and sends reports as required by the Manager Administration.
- Supports Procurement department in ensuring proper and timely disposal of assets as per procedure and Policy and NEMA guidelines.
- Carries out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Supplies and Stores Management or equivalent or from a recognized institution OR A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences with a diploma in Stores Management.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a reputable Public or Private organization, two (2) of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
- Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the
National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL),
Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala,
P.O. Box 3024, Kampala
or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
- In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
- Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 3rd August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
- NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
- If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.