Technical Advisor I
- Post Date:June 29, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY DevelopmentQualification Master’s Degree
Technical Advisor I
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor I
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas.
- Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design.
- Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff.
- Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate.
- Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound. May evaluate proposal design and protocol development to en sure design is sound and based upon evidence- based practice.
- Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise.
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel. May be required to coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, such as; the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), district health staff, several international and national development partner organizations, and the USAID mission in order to complete work.
- Provide technical leadership in a specific technical component and/or program wide activities.
- With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
- Participate in resource development activities.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.