View all Jobs
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Provides ICT support services
2. Monitors performance of both hardware and software in the processing of
3. Institutes and regularly takes corrective action on ICT infrastructure
4. Carries out internal ICT training and support for new staff
5. Monitors and ensures regular servicing of Authority‘s ICT hardware
6. Carries out assessment of Authority’s ICT needs and recommends suitable hardware and software configurations as well as ensuring proper use of ICT facilities by the Authority staff
7. Monitors and ensures regular servicing of Authority‘s ICT hardware
8. Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the
a) A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Information Systems or a related field is required.
b) Recognized professional ICT qualifications in UNIX/Linux and Microsoft such as HP-UX CSA, MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, and RHCE is an added advantage.
c) At least three (3) years’ experience in system administration with a
reputable public or private organization.
d) Knowledge of Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use e.g. virtualization, storage systems; UNIX/Linux system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.
e) Ability to Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures
f) Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
g) Ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and
h) Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
• Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
• In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
• Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 24th August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
• NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
• If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.