Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives
to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative
services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda. With funding from PEPFAR/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), RHSP is implementing a 5 year comprehensive HIV/ AIDS
program in the 12 districts of Masaka region namely; Rakai, Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Bukomansimbi, Lyantonde,
Lwengo, Sembabule, Butambala, Gomba, Mpigi, and Kalangala with an aim of achieving rapid HIV epidemic
control. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its activities at a
Regional Level. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions
as indicated below
JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Officers – (5 positions)
REPORTING TO: Cluster Office Coordinator but with a link to the Regional Supply Chain Manager
DUTY STATION: Kyotera , Mpigi, Sembabule and Kalangala
The Supply Chain Officer supports in monitoring and providing on-site support of medical logistics management
in the supported districts/health facilities according to MoH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of
ART commodities and stock levels. He/she will further ensure adequate supply of quality drugs, responding to
dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Play a supportive role in getting the project supported health facilities to compile and submit their
expected periodic MoH reports.
• Develop and follow up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health
• Participate in providing technical training and mentoring to health workers to manage health logistics.
• Participate in CMEs and disseminating information updates regarding logistics management.
• Provide support in ensuring proper storage of drugs at the units of dispensing.
• Work alongside the District Stores Assistants in carrying out supportive supervision to the lower health
• Maintain tracking sheets on the various supported health facilities and provide reports on the following
areas: o number of clients enrolled in care, on ART and initiated on ART in a month o consumption reports
from the various units o stock status levels of the various health units o basic supply requirements of the
pharmacy & store o regularly report on identified challenges in the health units o Monthly report on
availability of tools necessary to maintain data records.
o Maintain records on the commodities regarding quantities ordered and that received from the MoH
and other partners of the following items
– Monitor the lead time of deliveries from MoH/NMS
– Participate in therapeutic drug committee meetings held in the health facilities.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role
Education, Key Competencies and Experience:
• Diploma in Pharmacy or diploma in procurement and logistics
• Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council
• At least two years of working in a clinical setting/ facility, preferably in an HIV/AIDS setting.
• Additional experience in logistics management of ART commodities
• Computer Knowledge and skills
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to work with the health care workers in the district as a team and provide timely feedback.
How to apply:
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (C.V)
with three recognizable referees not later than 16th February, 2018, 5:00pm to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Deliver to: Rakai Health Sciences Program offices
Clement Hill Plot 8 Kampala
Send by E-Mail to:- email@example.com
Please indicate on the envelope & application; a) the position applied for, b) The district of preference For all online
applications, save your documents as position & district of preference ( eg Sanitary officer- Masaka)