|JOB TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
LOCATION: Yumbe District
REPORTS TO: Field Coordinator
To provide all necessary Supply Chain support to the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Field Coordinators to enable field project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to the Global IRC’s Supply Chain Manual and SOPs. The Supply Chain Manager will work under the supervision of the Field coordinator and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the Supply Chain Team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC activities in Uganda. He will be based in Yumbe Field Office and will be responsible for the effective management of the warehouse staff, Transport team and procurement staff. The Supply Chain Manager is a key position within the Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s Supply Chain system. Supply Chain must be able to rapidly respond to the programs and operation’s needs, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. Specific responsibilities includes supervising the procurement process, warehousing process, assets management, vehicles and transport management and IT
• Manage all staff employed in the supply chain Department supporting operations for IRC Yumbe program by assigning of duties through delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
• Responsible, in conjunction with the Senior Supply chain Manager for planning, organizing and developing the long term strategy and approach of IRC Supply chain.
• Make recommendations on training for all staff under his/her supervision.
• Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for procurement documents, Warehouse documents, transport and vehicles management and other logistical records.
Supply Chain Activities:
• To ensure all Supply Chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
• To ensure that the necessary logistical processes are effected for all projects.
• Where necessary, to manage, or support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the program.
• To assess potential projects as requested by /Field coordinator/ Supply chain Coordinator
• Familiarize with the IRC Supply chain Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC Logistics Manual.
• Complete required reports and submit a monthly logistic reports for all supply chain activities in all sites to senior supply chain Manager.
Procurement of goods and services:
• Directly supervise all staff involved in the procurement in Yumbe Field Office
• Provide a technical support to all field procurement staff
• Receive and review all Purchase Request from Programs and operations
• Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
• Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and Logistics policies and procedures.
• Ensure that IRC procedures are followed in all spheres.
• Carry out staff orientation where necessary.
• Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogs / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
• Review PRs, BA and Contracts/ PO prior to sending it to the FC for signature and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
• Prepare weekly procurement reports and send to all programs and departments
• Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained
• Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Logistics Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are in place in all field sites.
• Prepare and submit a compiled and complete PR tracking sheet for all procurement
• Oversee the performance of the procurement committee and participate in it’s meetings
Transport and vehicles management:
• Directly supervise the transport staff in IRC Yumbe
• Provide the required technical support to all transport staff
• Coordinate vehicle allocation and movement.
• Ensure that log books are verified and signed.
• Review and approve fuel vouchers.
• Strictly monitor fuel utilization and vehicles efficiencies.
• Monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that the fleet is serviceable.
• Review monthly vehicle reports outlining fuel usage and maintenance cost per vehicle
• Verifies vehicle fuel payments prior to sending them for approval.
• Analyses vehicle running costs & monthly report
• Devise a vehicle tracking system, which ensures that the location of all vehicles is known at all time.
• Ascertain and ensure adherence to IRC Transport and vehicle policy
• Directly Supervise staff involved in the assets management and records keeping
• Ensure that an update asset register is maintained on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that an updated assets inventory sheet is maintained on monthly bases.
• Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained
• Ensure that all IRC premises are well maintained
• Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
• Ensure that an up to date filing system for all assets maintained.
• Review all monthly asset reports from all field sites
• Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paper work is prepared.
• Directly supervise all Warehouse staff
• Provide the required technical support to all warehouse staff
• Ensure that all the ware houses are well maintained.
• Ensure that updating stock records is done on a daily basis both on the prologs and stock cards
• Ensure that all stores procedures are followed by all staff.
• Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure
• Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
• Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained.
• Review monthly stock reports.
• Ensure that an update office, residence, and stores inventory is done on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that all supply chain Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
• Carry out periodic trainings reviews with all logistics staff
• To attend meetings when requested by the Field Coordinator
• To maintain confidentiality.
• To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
• To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
• To carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner at all times.
Required (Qualifications,Experience & Competencies) :
- Bachelor degree in logistics or Business management another relevant field
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor;
- Committed team player;
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort;
- Goodcomputer skills (Word, Excel);
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a logistician;
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previous NGO work, experience in repairing/maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF)
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
International allowances are not available, position open to Ugandan Nationals only.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
To apply log onto: