|Position: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Location: Kampala with frequent travel to the Field
Duration: 12 months
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the country management team and reports directly to the Deputy Director of Operations. This position is mainly responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support throughout the country program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. The position holder will also support key responsibilities including procurement, transport, inventory, asset management, supply chain reporting and providing technical support to the supply chain teams in the field. The Senior Supply Chain Manager will:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems.
- Collaborate with Finance Controller to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum bureaucracy.
- Work with Field Office Supply Chain Staff and Field Leads to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of Supply Chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job and site specific trainings to ensure that Supply Chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
1. Compliance: Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All locations and staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc.).
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize Procurement Plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants Department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
2. Training & Outreach: Proactively develop the skills of IRC staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc., in order for them to clearly share this information.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Ensure monthly Supply Chain reports are submitted from each field. Review and follow up as necessary.
3. Staff Management: Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and support the day to day supervision of that department.
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure the update of the pre-selected suppliers list.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure IT systems are reliable and provide the required levels of connectivity and ensure the good working order of all IT networks.
- Supervise the good working order of the communications systems used by IRC.
- Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness and responsiveness.
5. Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the operating budget for the Supply Chain units;
- Give periodic Performance Evaluations on staff directly supervised as per IRC Personnel Policies
- In coordination with Field Coordinators and Deputy Director of Operations, plan and execute regular field visits to offer support/training to field supply chain and other staff
- Matrix Directly management of the Supply Chain staff in Kampala in line with his/her job description.
- Attend and comment as appropriate on all GOMs
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
External: Other NGOs, UN agencies, Uganda Road Transport Authority officials; Vehicle examinations office; Traffic Division of the Uganda Police Force; Garage owners guilds; dealers in genuine spares and related equipment in Freetown; dealers in petroleum products and donors.
Internal: Country Director, Administration & HR Admn Manager, Supply chain, Procurement and IT staff, Finance Controller, all program coordinators and managers, supply chain, Finance and Admin staff.
Requirements (Education,Experience and competencies):
- Advanced Degree, minimum 5 years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Excellent training and coaching ability
- Ability to travel to remote field offices.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
International allowances are not available, positions open to Ugandan Nationals only.
To apply log onto: