Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Reports to: Manager, Registration and Operations
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides technical guidance and logistical support to registration offices, manages and supervises operations of the registries, initiate and implement operational work plans.
- Coordinates and offer technical advice, guidance and information to authorized hospitals, local governments, other registering agencies and stakeholders.
- Manages and supervises the registration processes through initiating and authorization of communication and correspondence, preparation reports and certification of documents relating to births and deaths.
- Co-ordinates with relevant departments to analyze biometric data for performance evaluation.
- Manages the assessment and collection of non tax revenue accruing from civil registrations.
- Supervises electronic registration processes, statutory requirements and issues notices for compliance and enforcement and ensures quality assurance.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Registration and Operations
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in law with a post graduate diploma in legal practice, or A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences or other related field from a recognised institution
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in the fields of registration and operations at a reputable organization, two (2) years of which should be at supervisory level.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- IT literacy
- Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the
National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL),
Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala,
P.O. Box 3024, Kampala
or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
- In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for..
- Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 3rd August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
- NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
- If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.