Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Overall Job Purpose
To assist the Head of Procurement in implementing management decisions with regard to procurement in strict compliance with relevant laws and regulations, policy and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Participates in formulating plans and strategies for procurement.
- Liaises with other directorates and departments to identify their procurement needs for the coming accounting period and compiles a master procurement list for the entire organisation.
- Prepares tender documents and manages the tendering process within the established guidelines of the Authority and in compliance with PPDA procedures.
- Prepares tender papers for the approval of the Head of Procurement before submission to the contracts committee.
- Develops and/or maintains specifications of the various goods to be procured and where he obtains samples he keeps those samples and ensures that goods supplied match with the samples given earlier.
- Evaluates bids for high value and/or specialized procurements and disposals.
- Coordinates the preparation of monthly and quarterly procurement reports and submits them to PPDA and NIRA’s contracts committee, responds to any communications from PPDA and/or other organisations or individuals regarding procurement as par the PDDA rules.
- Receives tender or bid documents and prepares for evaluation by the tender/procurement committee.
- Implements the decisions of the Contracts Committee. Prepares, administers and issues approved contracts.
- Liaises with suppliers, service providers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensures accurate maintenance and safe storage of records for all procurement activities.
- Enforces adherence to procurement regulations and guidelines (government and donors).
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Procurement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Procurement and Supplies Management or Business Administration with specialization in purchasing and supplies, or a related field from a recognised institution.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or other relevant internationally recognised procurement professional body is a must.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in procurement in a reputable Public or Private organization, two (2) of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Ability to manage tender negotiations, contract placements, delivery and payments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- IT literacy
- Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the
National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL),
Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala,
P.O. Box 3024, Kampala
or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
- In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
- Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 3rd August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
- NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
- If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.