Senior Monitoring and Recoveries Officer
- Post Date:December 20, 2016
|JOB TITLE : Senior Monitoring and Recoveries Officer
DIVISION : Development Finance – Credit Analysis and Recoveries
GRADE : UDBL5
|REPORTS TO : Manager Credit & Portfolio Management
LOCATION : Head Office
|JOB SUMMARY||The Senior Monitoring and Recoveries Officer assists the Manager Credit and Portfolio Management in ensuring that the bank’s portfolio remains healthy and in line with the policies and guidelines. This is achieved through structured project monitoring and supervision, debt collection, and timely identification of problem projects and generations of options for curing such problems on an ongoing basis.|
|MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||The Main Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
• Working closely with Relationship Managers to ensure smooth project implementation and that all key financing terms and conditions are adhered to;
• Ensuring efficient and effective debt collection and recovery through the development, review and application of appropriate project monitoring and recovery procedures in line with the Bank’s credit policies and guidelines;
• Carrying out regular reviews of all projects to ensure that all agreed criteria and milestones are being met; and reporting any variances;
• Monitor periodic compliance to loan covenants and ensure all assets mortgaged to the Bank are ensured and valued periodically.
• Liaise and provide support to business development and credit analysis teams by identifying pertinent market conditions and trends that may affect the bank’s loan portfolio.
• Ensure compliance to policies and procedures during attachment and disposal of attached collateral. Liaise and follow up with debt collectors, court bailiffs, auctioneers and lawyers on cases submitted.
• Maximizing recoveries from NPLs and written off accounts and work closely with auctioneers, beliefs Debt Collection Agencies and legal team to maximize recoveries.
• Review and recommend enhancements, including system enhancements, to improve current work flow/processes to minimize credit risks and increase efficiency.
A good first degree preferably in Commerce/Business studies/Quantitative Economics/Statistics/Engineering/Law or any related field.
A Masters Degree in any of the above or related fields, or professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, ACIB, etc.) would be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
Minimum of 5 years similar or relevant experience in a financial institution or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing;
Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.
Related Jobs (10)
on August 15, 2017 Full Time
Regional Programme Manager- West Nile (Duty Station – Arua) on August 15, 2017 Full Time