INTERNATIONAL LIFELINE FUND – (ILF)
. Position: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Report to: Senior Program Manager-WASH
Duration: 1 year with Probationary Period of 3 Months
Salary Scale: E
Location: Based in Apac, with expected travels within Uganda
Job Summary Based in Apac field office Uganda; the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for all M&E activities of all Programs in the field and country office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the Mission in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the mission management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
- Advise management on performance of the projects and identify gaps that require improvement.
- Develop WASH logical frame work.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
- Provide feedback and report progress on all project activities to the senior Program Manager-WASH
- Coordinate the creation and review of the Program, Design and Learning budget to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies and assessments.
- Coordinate the creation of a Mission Performance Monitoring Plan including assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to that plan.
- Assist the Teams to select data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of implementing partners’ performance and of the program as a whole
- Coordinate the regular review of progress towards achieving Objectives by Senior Management through program reviews.
- Encourage the use of performance information in resource allocation decisions by the Office Directors and Senior Management through leading discussions, preparing analysis or other measures.
- Seek ways to streamline the process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information.
- Work as a Point of Contact for Evaluation for the organization and provide guidance to technical teams on issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
Reporting & Planning
- Plan weekly, monthly annual departmental & organisational priorities
- Manage, evaluate and report all daily activities to the Supervisor
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports
- Report challenges encountered to the Supervisor
- Present reports to the supervisor on activities undertaken.
- The candidate should hold a minimum of honors degree in statistics or any other relevant Degree with a post graduate in M&E. At least 5 year experience in M&E field.
- Knowledge of the government’s guidelines regarding marketing policies and community mobilization experienced in creating sustainable partnerships with private sector, government, other stakeholders and NGO’s is an added advantage.
How to apply
- Please send a copy of your cover letter, resume, and academic credentials either personal to office, or by post, or by email using the below information. Deadline for submission is 23rd February 2018. Please note that only successful candidates shall be contacted.
- NB: Any kind of lobbing will led to automatic disqualification.