Senior Manager of Finance - Africa Region
- Post Date:June 14, 2017
- Apply Before: June 30, 2017
- Job ID
- Location Name
This position is responsible for oversight of all accounting and finance staff in the region. The primary purpose of this role is to lead the finance team to ensure the integrity of all field office financial transactions, as well as being responsible for the accuracy of accounting according to both US GAAP and local statutory requirements. The senior manager will provide full management of cash flows, integrity of payment processes, and adherence to approved processes through subordinate managers within the region. Additionally, this role will partner with other members of the Finance Leadership team within the Global Headquarters on areas to include treasury needs, purchasing activities, budgeting/forecasting, and data analytics.
*Candidates must be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual in a secondary language (native to the region) is preferred. Preferred candidates will also live in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Togo or Uganda.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads finance managers and professional staff responsible to prepare the ministry’s annual budget (or a segment of the budget), gathering input from all stakeholders, organizing and analyzing the data, and preparing it for approval and administration. The manager submits the annual budget on time and accurately to the approving authority. Develops and manages the ongoing financial forecasting process, ensuring that it is integrated with the ministry’s strategic planning process.
- Manages the conduct of other financial analysis projects such as creating financial models of “what if” scenarios for future planning decisions in areas such as new marketing programs, alternate ministry strategies, etc.
- Manages subordinate analysts and/or managers to research and stay abreast of global economic trends to assure successful and effective completion of responsibilities.
- Manages subordinates who evaluate and analyze issues such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, operating records, and financial statements.
- Manages subordinate staff who complete special project related to finance and accounting such as process improvement, policy development, compliance programs, etc., as well as ensure data integrity and mine and analyze data for business intelligence and other appropriate uses.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline
- 5 – 7 years in Finance or related field preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis Professional (FP&A), or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 30% of normal schedule
Deadline for application is 30th June 2017.