Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager – Business Intelligence and Data Quality will mine value from the Banks core systems, (in particular Finacle core banking system) and maximize benefits to the Bank through; embedding of data quality in all Bank processes; providing centralized, seamless management information and business intelligence services through the development and deployment of efficient data interrogation tools; continuous performance improvement and user training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, embed and monitor data quality standards across the Bank.
- Mentor and train users on data quality, its importance and application.
- Identify gaps, design structure and processes to plug gaps, oversee execution, test and validate, enhance system requirements to enforce data quality.
- Develop, test and deploy value-adding, tailor-made management information and business intelligence solutions:
- Follow dfcu approved scope-design-test-deploy methodology and work closely with user departments to implement the most effective and efficient solution that meet the needs of the client.
- Eliminate duplication of effort through centralized source of management information.
- Design efficient predictive / forecasting models which enable scenario planning.
- Manage information security through controlled distribution of information.
Documentation, deployment and knowledge transfer:
- Develop quality user and system administration guides for all reporting and query tools.
- Once developed, tested, documented and signed off, hand over the tools to the user departments for their day to day use.
- Submit system documentation and source codes to IT for backup and disaster recovery.
- Develop quality training documentation and run regular courses (in collaboration with HR) on effective use of the reporting and query tools for respective user departments.
Benefits Realization – Finacle Value mining:
- Proactive and effective member of the Finacle Working Group (FWG) aimed at maximizing benefits from Finacle, with specific focus on customer retention and growth in non-interest income (NII).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Senior Manager – Business Intelligence and Data Quality job opportunity should be a University graduate with a good pass record.
- Professional certification in database management
- A minimum of five years experience with databases and management information systems.
- Statistical background is an advantage.
- Excellent use of MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Industry knowledge and business awareness.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Proven ability to train and develop others.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 27th July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 10th August 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.