Career Level Others
Experience 7 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Grade: GS7
Reports to: Communication Specialist
Vacancy Number: 496597
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
The Senior Communication Assistant will act as the principal assistant for executing UNICEF Uganda’s social and digital media functions, which include developing content plans for UNICEF Uganda’s Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and other social media platforms, consistently updating all UNICEF Uganda’s social media platforms and providing overall digital communication support to UNICEF Uganda activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops UNICEF Uganda social media content plans and content.
- Consistently updates all UNICEF Uganda’s social media platforms (ie Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, etc) with relevant content, including responding in a timely manner to comments from the general public.
- Keenly analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the office to ensure that timely digital communication support is provided on UNICEF Uganda activities. Reviews and evaluates digital communication activities directly or through upper-level supervisors.
- Maintains UNICEF Uganda digital communication and information support, including stakeholder networks (i.e media, celebrities, companies, etc) and library to ensure effective timely deliverance of content and materials.
- Support the supervisor in organizing and briefing visitors in the concerned area of responsibility (i.e social and digital media influencers)
- Work in close consultation with supervisor, orders books and other relevant publications.
- Files and keeps all materials, documents, journals, periodicals and related publications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Senior Communication Assistant job placement should have completed secondary education with training in computer science, particularly in social media or digital communication is desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible work in communications administration.
- Ability to organize and maintain a database on documents plus ensuring effective use of information by staff and external partners
- Excellent communications, analytical, organizing skills.
- Broad working knowledge of computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of UNICEF procedures/policies an added advantage
- Ability to work harmoniously in an international and multicultural setting.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
- Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Result, Working with People
- Functional Competencies: Analyzing, Applying technical expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and organizing
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 17th July 2016