SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
- Post Date:September 7, 2017
Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory Instrument NO. 3 of 2011 – Universities and other Tertiary Institutes Act (establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba) in July 2011. The Mandate of UPIK is to provide a world class education in Petroleum Engineering in order to support the Petroleum Sector in Uganda.
UPIK now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans who are self-oriented with proven integrity to fill the following posts in the Institute’s established structure.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
NO of Vacancies: 01
Terms of Employment: Contract of 5 years (Renewable) Reports to: Bursar/Accountant Salary/Remunerations (Scale): Attractive
Age: 25-40 years Duty Station: Kigumba QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or its equivalent from a reputable Institution
- Possession of professional qualification is an added advantage
- Should be a person of high integrity
- Should have well developed communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- At least one (1) years’ working experience in a reputable Organization
- Organizing payment to suppliers on timely basis
- Overseeing the purchase ledger and credit control
- Assisting the Financial director/Management Accountant and team colleagues with day-to day tasks
- Posting of invoices and create payments
- Preparing reports for review by management
- Preparing month-end bank reconciliation
- Dealing with range of finance related queries both internal and external
- Posting entries of Accounts
- Providing administrative support to the Accountant/Bursar
- Assisting in preparing Statutory accounts
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
- Preparing, compiling and analysing account information
- Documenting and recommending financial actions by analysing accounting options
- And any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
If you meet the above, please submit your application in
Triplicate with detailed CV and attachments to: The Principal,
Uganda Petroleum Institute -Kigumba, P.O Box 187,
Bweyale – Kiryandongo District. Deadline: Two Weeks from the date of advertisement.