Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Reports to: The Manager Finance
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Writes the books of accounts as instructed by the Manager, Accounts.
- Ensures accurate and timely bank reconciliations.
- Prepares timely periodic financial statements.
- Follows-up on debtors and brings to the attention of the Manager Finance any outstanding debts of more than 90 days.
- Prepares timely management accounts and accountability reports.
- Coordinates the cash flow in line with work plans and advises the Manager Accounts of any cash flow shortages.
- Vote control maintenance – receipting and reviewing accountability
- Approves payment vouchers and ensures budget expenditure votes are not over spent.
- Maintains and updates the fixed assets and investment registers.
- Analyzing and reviewing general ledger transactions and ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
- Maintaining subsidiary, control and general ledger accounts.
- Ensures the daily positing in accounting system and review all postings.
- Ensures travel and other advances are fully accounted for in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Accounts
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised institution.
- Membership of ICPAU is a must.
- Knowledge of Finance or Accounting packages.
- The candidate must have at least five (5) years working experience as an accountant with a reputable Public or Private organization, two (2) of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Analytical skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- IT literacy
- Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the
National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL),
Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala,
P.O. Box 3024, Kampala
or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
- In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
- Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 3rd August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
- NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
- If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.