Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives
to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative
services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda. With funding from PEPFAR/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), RHSP is implementing a 5 year comprehensive HIV/ AIDS
program in the 12 districts of Masaka region namely; Rakai, Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Bukomansimbi, Lyantonde,
Lwengo, Sembabule, Butambala, Gomba, Mpigi, and Kalangala with an aim of achieving rapid HIV epidemic
control. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its activities at a
Regional Level. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions
as indicated below:-
JOB TITLE: Regional Quality Improvement Manager – (1 position)
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
DUTY STATION: RHSP Kalisizo Office
The Regional Quality Improvement Manager will provide technical assistance to the project in the area of clinical
and laboratory quality improvement and assurance. He/she will support activities which evaluate and document
quality improvement and compliance with SIMS and MoH standards of services.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Developing QC/QA systems ( internal quality control system and external quality control system and
standard operating procedures and manuals) in line with MoH guidelines and ensuring their use in across all
supported facilities in Masaka region
• Overseeing quality improvement and assurance plans at various levels in Masaka region.
• Assist in conducting capacity building and technical assistance initiatives for quality improvement and
• Guide quality improvement and assurance team meetings and specialty training sessions.
• Review quality improvement and assurance review findings, and formulate recommendations to improve the
quality of local standards of care.
• Works collaboratively with the Ministry of Health, CDC and other stakeholders to continuously document and
improve implementation of quality improvement and assurance processes for People Living with HIV/AIDS.
Oversee the addressing of all gaps identified during SIMS assessments across the Masaka region
Coordinate trainings and on site mentorships on quality improvement and assurance.
• Mentor technical support teams (TSTs) to support the health workers integrate quality improvement and
assurances within the health care services for people living with HIV.
• Generate required reports in regard to quality improvement and assurance
Education, Key Competencies and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in clinical Medicine or related health field
• Post graduate training in Public Health and or related field will be an added advantage
• Specialized training in Quality Improvement approaches and models
• Registration with the appropriate council
• At least 3 years of experience in implementing quality improvement and assurance in HIV/AIDS health care.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in clinical HIV/AIDS with emphasis on planning and
implementation of quality assurance in public health care settings.
• Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques
used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results related to quality improvement.
• Knowledge of US Government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices.
How to apply:
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (C.V)
with three recognizable referees not later than 16th February, 2018, 5:00pm to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Deliver to: Rakai Health Sciences Program offices
Clement Hill Plot 8 Kampala
Send by E-Mail to:- email@example.com
Please indicate on the envelope & application; a) the position applied for, b) The district of preference For all online
applications, save your documents as position & district of preference ( eg Sanitary officer- Masaka)