- Post Date:September 7, 2017
Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory Instrument NO. 3 of 2011 – Universities and other Tertiary Institutes Act (establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba) in July 2011. The Mandate of UPIK is to provide a world class education in Petroleum Engineering in order to support the Petroleum Sector in Uganda.
UPIK now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans who are self-oriented with proven integrity to fill the following posts in the Institute’s established structure.
JOB TITLE: RECORDS OFFICER
Number of Vacancies: 01
Terms of Employment: Contract of 5 years (Renewable) Salary/Remunerations (Scale): Attractive Reports to: Institute Secretary
Age: 25 – 40 years Duty Station: Kigumba
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Records and Management or Records, Archives and Management or its equivalent from a recognized Institution of higher learning
- Knowledge and understanding of the State legislation, standards and codes as they relate to records, archives and information management
- Ability to develop, interpret and apply records management practice
- At least I year’s Practical experience in the use and administration, archives and records systems from a recognized Organization
- Knowledge in filing and record keeping is a must
- Handling Record Management
- Handling the records storage facility and implementing archives Management Plan
- Establishing new records management systems
- Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating existing record keeping systems
- Overseeing the Institute’s records from their creation to preservation and disposable
- Receiving, opening and collecting documents and forward to officers that come through records
- Handling paper filing, filing of agendas, minutes and reports when given by officers.
- Collecting and distributing inter-departmental documents
- Handling CT register (Capture, copy and file)
- Processing requests/files required
- And any other duties assigned.
If you meet the above, please submit your application in
Triplicate with detailed CV and attachments to: The Principal,
Uganda Petroleum Institute -Kigumba, P.O Box 187,
Bweyale – Kiryandongo District. Deadline: Two Weeks from the date of advertisement.