Compassion International is an evangelical Christ-centered, Church based and Child focused Development NGO that for over sixty years has existed as an advocate for children, to release them from poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian ADULTS. We seek to recruit an individual for the position of Field Based Partnership Facilitator & Public Relations Specialist.
Post: Public Relations Specialist.
Reporting Relationships: The Position reports to the Senior Manager of Business Support
Job Summary: The Public Relations Specialist researches, develops, maintains, and implements policies and programs that enhance the organization’s reputation and relationships; this person aids in cultivating the organization’s relations with the community, government and regulatory entities, employees, donors, and other key stakeholders. The Specialist further coordinates and disseminates the organization’s communications with news or trade media contacts through special events, public speaking, or other means used to reach defined audience and program needs.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Develops, regulates and maintains creative, clear and consistent communication materials in support of the organization’s marketing, public relations, and internal communications strategies that align with the organization’s brand/identity and core messaging.
- Plans, develops, and publishes external communication (including press kits, press releases, annual reports, byline articles, storylines/pitch decks, web content, corporate messaging, and other PR vehicles). He or she may also develop and maintain lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups.
- Coordinates with media to prepare and relay communication concerning the organization for the press and wider community with the purpose of enhancing relationships with all of the organization’s various publics in order to generate mutual understanding, goodwill, awareness and support.
- Works cross-functionally to maintain the organization’s brand, including updating the style guide and editorial standards/policies.
- Coaches and provides expertise to other professionals and support staff in the public relations discipline.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication
- Five years’ experience in Public relations in an NGO setting of 7 years’ experience in Public relations in another organization.
- Accreditation in Public Relations and a member of the Public Relations Association of Uganda.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate the brand in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Ability to drive. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
How to apply:
Please hand deliver or post your application together with a current copy of your curriculum vitae, photocopy of academic documents, three referees and a letter from your local church signed by your Reverend/Pastor to:
The Human Resource Business Partner,
Compassion International Uganda,
Plot 8A3, Baskerville Avenue, Kololo.
P. 0. Box 8936, Kampala.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Monday 18th September 2017 at 5:00pm (Closing Date).
WE APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST TO SERVE AT COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL UGANDA BUT WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER ENGAGEMENT.