Project Manager Land and Human Rights
- Post Date:July 6, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Bachelor Degree
Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC) is an indigenous registered non-for-profit making Christian based organization affiliated to “The MityanaCharity”, a registered Charity in the United Kingdom responsible for supporting MUC development projects in Uganda. MUC currently operates in four districts in Uganda that include Mityana, Mubende, Kiboga and Kyankwanzi.
The program areas of focus of Mityana Uganda Charity over the years include; Human Rights, Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Agriculture, Education and Health.
With funding from IDF for the Human Rights Project, MUC is desirous of filling the above vacant position:
Duty station: Mityana District, Uganda
Reporting Line: Country Coordinator
The Project Manager is overall person responsible for management and representation of IDF funded “Reduced Incidences of Women Vulnerability to Land Rights Abuse and Related Violence in Mityana District” project.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading the planning, implementation and oversight of activities, in collaboration with other staff of Mityana Uganda Charity.
He/she will ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results agreed upon with the donor.
S/he will manage and be accountable for: performance of the field team based in various locations; management of the operational budget and work plan; planning, delivery and quality management of trainings; learning from implementation and recommending improvements to the programmatic approach based upon a sound understanding of the need, opportunities and constraints of women on land and human rights in Uganda.
Job roles and description
Project Implementation and Team Management
- Lead the execution of the projectactivities in line with the project work plan, .results templates and with objectives and targets agreed with the donor.
- Ensure the objectives and measures against which the project will be evaluated are clearly defined and understood by all project staff
- Ensure appropriate processes / system in place to track project data necessary for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure that the team has clear objectives, work plans and agreed targets and monitor progress on a regular basis
- Ensure that the scope and impact of the different work plan activities are clearly defined and understood by all team members, including a clear understanding of roles, responsibilities, and short term activities and goals
- Ensure timely implementation of projectactivities in accordance with sound managerial, technical, financial and overall programmatic practices
- Provide coaching, direction, arid leadership support to implementing team members
- Ensure timely production of financial, statistical and narrative reports for internal and external consumption
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning, Reporting
- Ensure the objectives and measures against which the program will be evaluated are clearly defined and understood by all team members.
- Ensure appropriate processes / systems are in place to track project data necessary for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure timely compilation of both internal and external reports timely, accurate and comprehensive information and transmit to donors according to agreed schedule
- Prepare monthly report of project progress
- Ensure timely compilation of project success stories, challenges, case studies and impact results against various project indicators
Stakeholder Management and Representation
- Lead interaction with important national level stakeholders, ensuring that the team’s communication is consistent and aligned with the program’s approach
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key government and other stakeholders that have vested interest in the project
- In consultation with the Country Coordinator, represent the program to IDF, ensuring that they are regularly updated on progress
- Attend stakeholder meetings and make presentations as required to varied audiences
Organizing the project
- Ensuring that project activities operate within the policies and procedures of MUC.
- Ensuring that project activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Developing forms and records to document project activities, liaising with the project documents officer.
Evaluating the project
- Ensuring that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluating the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Law or any other relevant field is preferred
- A post graduate diploma in project planning and management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant project management experience (e.g. management in either a NGO or private sector with demonstrable increasing responsibility).
- Land programming and women rights in Uganda experience is a MUST.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills writing, supply chain studies and market surveys.
- Track record of building strong partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Proven ability/experience managing and inspiring teams to achieve excellent results.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, keen curiosity and creativity.
- Previous experience is implementing women related programs is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of IDF rules and regulations an added advantage.
- Good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project and Power Point)
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote rural locations.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their
- Application Letter
- CV with at least 3 referees
- Academic papers addressed to
The Human resource and Admin Officer,
Mityana (U) Charity,
All the application documents should be zip in one folder not exceeding 2MB. Applications should be sent to:
email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 15th July 2016.