Project & Maintenance Engineer
- Post Date:July 13, 2016
- Apply Before: July 19, 2030
- Career Level OthersExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Master’s Degree
Salary: CU 5
Location: Main campus
Reports to: The Director Facilities & Capital Projects
Division: Development & External Relations
Purpose of the Job
UCU is looking for a Project and Maintenance Engineer to help the university grow and deliver excellent facilities for its students and staff.
The Project and Maintenance Engineer is a key position in that growth and he or she will work closely with the University’s top leadership in planning and executing new and renovation projects.
The position requires a person who can work on large projects as well as problem solve to come up with creative solutions.
The Project & Maintenance Engineer will be in-charge of all facility construction and renovation and maintenance of the buildings thereof, in the University.
She/he will well as plan, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate projects ensuring the specification is being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and budget.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage projects and maintenance schedules
- Supervise projects and maintenance works to ensure that the relevant quality assurance procedures are followed
- Measure the onsite works, materials and prepare quality interim payment certificates
- Monitor technical (steel reinforcement, on-site changes concrete QA, pre-cast pre-stressed QA) aspects of the works
- Monitor progress, quality, safety and environmental aspects of the works
- Monitor health, safety security and environmental issues on site
- Monitor sub-contractors work against the approved works
- Holding regular meetings with contractor on design, construction, quality and progress aspects
- Liaise with the engineers and consultants contracted to solve technical and contractual issues
- Prepare variation orders as required
- Make monthly program- progress reports on all matters related to project performance and completion in the form of comprehensive site records
- Liaise with Faculty of Science and Technology in supervision of students and interns attached to the Directorate of Facilities and Capital Projects
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or its equivalent from from a recognized institution of higher learning with additional training in construction project management.
- Must have proficient computer skills especially in word processing, use of spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
- Proven work experience of at least two (2) years in overseeing a successful construction with a reputable construction company will be added advantage.
- She/he should be of high integrity and capable of going an extra mile in execution of duties.
- She/he should be a mature and committed Christian.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vita and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
- Attach copies of academic, professional certificates and transcripts:-
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5:00p.m. Friday, 22nd July 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted