- Post Date:January 3, 2017
- Apply Before: March 2, 2017
MINISTRY OF GENDER, LABOUR AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Inclusive Green Growth (IGG) for Poverty Reduction Programme
Uganda the “Pearl of Africa” is endowed with abundant natural resources upon which the economy and livelihood of over 80% of the population largely depends. However, this natural resource base is declining at an alarming rate. Four outstanding bottlenecks are hindering the national efforts in addressing the increasing degradation of natural resources, namely:
(i) gaps in policies and legal framework for integrated/coordinated efforts in Natural Resource Management (NRM), livelihood and job creation
(ii) inadequate capacities for coherent and efficient implementation of policies on natural resources management, livelihoods and job creation, including capacities for innovation, adaptation and development of home-grown solutions
(iii) inadequate capacities for engaging communities in natural resources management and climate change response efforts, and
(iv) Over-dependence on biomass energy sources using inefficient technologies.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with the Ministry of Gender. Labour and Social Development (Responsible Party). Ministry of Water and Environment (Lead Implementing Partner) and other Stakeholders are implementing Inclusive Green Growth for Poverty Reduction Programme. The Programme will aim at providing technical, technological, operational and financial support to the relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and non-state institutions so that:
(a) at the upstream level, by 2017 policies and legal/regulatory frameworks are strengthened and linked for Natural Resource Management, livelihood and job creation,
(b) at mid-stream level, by 2018 Natural Resource Management policies and legal frameworks are operationalized in inclusive and adequately coordinated manner,
(c) at downstream level, by 2019 the public is empowered to engage in sustainable Natural Resource Management and.
(d) by 2020 cost-effective alternative energy solutions for domestic needs are scaled-up.
The primary beneficiaries of the project are the women (adult), youth (young females and males) and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) especially the poor so that their productive and income generation capacities and livelihood opportunities are improved in an environmentally sustainable manner.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in collaboration with the Ministry of Gender. Labour and Social Development (Responsible Party). Ministry of Water and Environment (Lead Implementing Partner) and other Stakeholders are implementing Inclusive Green Growth for Poverty Reduction Programme. 2016 to 2020.
In line with the above, MGLSD is seeking to recruit a competent Project
Finance and Administration Officer and a Driver that v/ill effectively and efficiently assist the fully implementation of the Programme.
Position: Project Driver
Reports to: Project Focal Contact Manager in MGLSD for IGGPR
Location: Kampala Uganda
Duration: Initial duration is 2 Year Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies in/out of Kampala under the authorization of the supervisor.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
iii. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit. and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Collect mail from Post Office and deliver outgoing mails to various destinations within the city.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Takes specific steps to evaluate how time is used and to eliminate time wastage
iii. Demonstrate excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- A Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a pass in English language.
- He/She must possess Valid Driver’s license of at least 3 classes.
- Certificate in Mechanics is an added advantage
- Clean driving record
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Those who are interested and meet the above requirements should
apply to the. Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Gender. Labour & Social Development, Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street P.0 Box 7136, KAMPALA, UGANDA
Application Deadline 12th January 2017,11:00am
Ps. Those who had applied before need not to re-apply
Related Jobs (10)
Sales and Marketing Offices (Salesmen) (30 Positions) on February 22, 2017 Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (1 Position) on February 22, 2017 Full Time