Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid.
Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations. FCA is expanding its work in Uganda and wishes to increase its program support portfolio.
FCA now seeks applications from potential candidates to fill the position above.
The Program Support Assistant will assist the Program team (Development and Humanitarian operations) to effectively achieve departmental goals and deliver on its outputs and work plan for Uganda.
- Provide support to the FCA Uganda Program in consultation with the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators
- Support the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators in compilation of reports and other publications for the Country Office
- Keep abreast of the country program and ensure that activities are implemented as per the set Calendar;
- Assist the Program and Humanitarian Coordinators in documentation – including M&E, report writingand proposals development
- Regularly review partner reports in consultation with Program Coordinator and give necessary and timely feedback.
- Assist in scheduling appointments for field travels for visitors and supervisors, coordinate with field staff and partners and ensure that key schedules are well organized and coordinated.
- Assist in collecting data from partner organizations for monitoring and evaluation purposes, and entering such data in respective formats
- Support program team and other management level staff as may be requested from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Project Planning and Management, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences and any other related discipline. Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with an INGO in development and humanitarian program related field operation.
- Very good English writing skills with keen attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of development cooperation and humanitarian standards
- Strong computer skills and use of database and internet
- Very good organizational skills.
Competence and Personal Requirements needed:
- Ability to understand assignments, do productive and accurate work, make sound judgments within the area of responsibility, solve problems in reasonable and logical ways and have a general ability to plan, organize, and carry out routine and recurring assignments on a timely basis with only general supervision.
- Ability to effectively deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities among multiple activities which require quick and effective action under conditions of heavy pressure; anticipate necessary actions or develop appropriate information as may be required; and have no difficulty in adjusting multiple assignments around top priority assignments.
- Experience in implementing programs in both development and humanitarian context is required.
- Proven experience in proposal writing and logical framework approach
- Experience with data collection, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards.
- Ability to travel extensively to remote areas.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize effectively from several supervisors.
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Dedication to building and supporting positive teamwork among co-workers.
- Effective and flexible communications and interpersonal skills, including highly engaged listening.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Manager,
FINN CHURCH AID UGANDA PROGRAM
P.O.BOX 21826 KAMPALA.
Please hand deliver your application, CV and copies of academic qualifications to:
FINN CHURCH AID, Uganda,
Plot no 2409, Kiwafu Estates Kansanga
Not later than 29th July 2016.