BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. BRAC Uganda invites applications from suitably qualifi ed individuals to fill up the available vacant position within the Education and Youth Development Program.
Job Title: Program Manager, Education and Youth
Location: Country Office (Kampala)
Purpose: To implement the activities of EYD program with effi ciency and professionalism to ensure the success of the program. Responsible for heading the operations of the program as a whole.
CORE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing program & projects implementation.
• Reporting and analyzing of various program initiatives.
Develop project proposals & concept notes on education & youth related activities for funding.
• Ensuring effective and effi cient communication with all internal and external stakeholders including existing and new potential stakeholders/partners.
• Develop partnership with the actors and forums relevant to the program.
• Ensure fi nancial management and accountability for the program.
• Oversee all support in the planning process for the education & youth program activities.
• Manage & supervise all staff assigned to the program either directly or indirectly by providing clear guidance, scope for career dept. & ensure employee satisfaction.
• Ensure internal & external linkages between BRAC Programs & all other similar players & stakeholders
• A Masters Degree in Education, Youth Development and related field.
• 7 years’ experience of working with education and youth programs, 3 of which should be in a similar position as program manager.
• Excellent monitoring, budgeting, project planning and project proposal writing skills.
• Relevant professional certifi cation (i.e., in project management and technical knowledge and experience in the relevant field.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with minimum disruptions.
• Ability to create and sustain long term partnerships with other development actors including other international agencies, donors and government.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) including report writing and oral presentations.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and excellent attention to detail.
Interested applicants should send their Application letters, Curriculum Vitae, All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents, MUST BE IN PDF FILE. In total, there should be a maximum of 2 attachments sent to email@example.com. Applications should be addressed to; THE HR MANAGER, BRAC Uganda Only soft copy applications will be accepted & only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Application deadline: December 17th, 2017