MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT Standard Gauge Railway Project
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
The Project, therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill the following vacant positions as detailed below:-
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duty Station : Kampala
Number of vacancies : One (1)
Terms: Four (4) Year Contract
Salary Grade : SGR 6
Reports to : Senior Procurement Officer
Job Purpose: To carry out routine procurement and disposal activities, and implement assignments in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act 2003 as amended, Regulations 2014, Guidelines and the existing SGR procurement operational manual.
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. Liaise with end users and prepare procurement plans for an entity for approval by the relevant bodies;
2. Prepare bid documents and advertisements of approved bid opportunities; 3. Issue bidding documents;
4. Maintain a up-to-date providers list;
5. Prepare contract documents;
6. Issue approved contract documents to the providers;
7. Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
8. Prepare monthly procurement and disposal reports;
9. Prepare any other such reports as may be required from time to time; 10.Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the procuring and disposing entity;
11.Undertake procurement and disposal data entry into the Government
Procurement Portal (GPP);
Applicants must possess the following:-
- A Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management. The preferred candidate must have completed at least an Advanced Diploma in purchasing and supply (CIPS Level 5).
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Procurement Officer in a busy public sector organisation.
- Competencies: Team Work; effective Communication; Ethics and Integrity; Result orientation.
Ugandan nationals meeting the above requirements may submit their written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project, P. O. Box 27756, Kampala Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices… before 5:00 pm on
28th September 2016.
- a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification. b) Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- c) Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
STANDARD GAUGE RAILWAY PROJECT