Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory Instrument NO. 3 of 2011 – Universities and other Tertiary Institutes Act (establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba) in July 2011. The Mandate of UPIK is to provide a world class education in Petroleum Engineering in order to support the Petroleum Sector in Uganda.
UPIK now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans who are self-oriented with proven integrity to fill the following posts in the Institute’s established structure.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Number of Vacancies: 01
Terms of Employment: Contract of 5 years (Renewable) Salary/Remunerations (Scale): Attractive Reports to: Institute Secretary Age: 25 – 40 years Duty Station: Kigumba QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s (Hon) degree in procurement, purchasing or logistics and supply chain management from a recognized Institution.
- Professional qualification in supply Chain Management (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Should be a person of high integrity
- Should have in-depth knowledge of laws governing procurement.
- Should have well developed communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- At least one (1) years’ working experience in a reputable organization.
- To implement all procurement and logistic activities of the Institute
- To Confirm with end users, the basis of their estimated costs on the procurement requisitions, in order to determine the appropriate procurement method
- To provide regulatory guiding principles of the law and explain it to the end users in relation to their procurement requirements
- To develop appropriate terms and conditions of the proposed contract in consultation with the end users or technical specialists
- To ensure various procurement requirements do comply with UPIK policies
- To implement UPIK inventory policy and keep procurement registers up-to-date
- To identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the Organization meet its obligation
- Explaining procurement processes and requirements to responsible officers and persuading them to adopt best practices, given the complexity of procurement.
- To maintain all procurement related documentation and manage both internal and external relationship.
If you meet the above, please submit your application in
Triplicate with detailed CV and attachments to: The Principal,
Uganda Petroleum Institute -Kigumba, P.O Box 187,
Bweyale – Kiryandongo District. Deadline: Two Weeks from the date of advertisement.