LIRA MUNICIPAL COUNCIL:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Persons to fill the
vacant post of Principal Commercial Officer currently available in
Lira Municipal Council.
Applications (in triplicate) should be submitted on Public Service
Commission Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary, District Service
Commission, P. O. Box 49, Lira to be received before 5.00pm,
Wednesday, 7th March, 2018.
Application forms can be obtained from the Public Service
Commission Offices, Ministries, District Service Commission
Offices and Local Government Headquarters.
Applicants should attach three (3) copies of certified photocopies of
their academic certificates and testimonials, plus three (3) copies of
recent passport size photographs.
Those already in Government should route their applications
through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the
closing date to avoid delay
Only short listed applicants shall be contacted.
DEPARTMENT: PRODUCTION AND MARKETING
POST: PRINCIPAL COMMERCIAL OFFICER (1 VACANCY)
REPORTS TO: TOWN CLERK
SALARY: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U2
AGE: 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
To provide leadership, technical support and guidance for the
delivery of quality Commercial services in Local Governments.
- Commercial Sub-sector policies, Programmes and Laws
implemented and monitored;
- Commercial sub sector activities, programmes and staff
managed and supervised;
- Evaluation and status reports of the sub-sector activities
- All resources available for the sub sector managed and accounted
- Development projects in Tourism, Trade, Industry and
- Training and development programmes for both the stakeholders
and staff undertaken;
- Data and statistics on Tourism, Trade, Industry and Co-operatives
compiled, processed and Disseminated to stakeholders; the communities sensitized on the Commercial sub-sector
- Technical advice on Tourism, Trade, Industry and Co-operatives
issues provided to stakeholders.
- implementing and monitoring policies, programmes and laws on Commercial sub sector.
- Supervising and managing the Commercial sub sector activities,
programmes and Staff;
- Evaluating and preparing status reports on Commercial sub-
- Managing and accounting for all the resources availed for the sub sector.
- Initiating developmental projects in Tourism, Trade, Industry and
- developing training programmes for both the stakeholders and
Staff in Tourism, Trade, Industry and Co-operatives;
- compiling processing and commercial sub-sector information
data and statistics to stakeholders.
- sensitizing the communities on the Commercial sub-sector providing stakeholders with technical advice on Tourism, Trade, Industry and Co-operatives issues;
An Honours Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Economics,
Cooperatives, Business Administration/Business Studies,
Entrepreneurship, Finance and Accounting from a recognized
of above field, from a recognized institution.
Six (6) years of working experience 3 of which should be at senior
Commercial officer level or equivalent level of experience from a
- Planning, organizing and coordinating;
- Human resource management;
- Financial management;
- Concern for quality and standard;
- Communication ;and Time management.