Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory Instrument NO. 3 of 2011 – Universities and other Tertiary Institutes Act (establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute – Kigumba) in July 2011. The Mandate of UPIK is to provide a world class education in Petroleum Engineering in order to support the Petroleum Sector in Uganda.
UPIK now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans who are self-oriented with proven integrity to fill the following posts in the Institute’s established structure.
JOB TITLE: PERSONAL SECRETARY
Number of Vacancies: 01
Terms of Employment Contract of 5 years (Renewable) Salary/Remunerations (Scale): Attractive Reports to: Institute Secretary Age: 25 – 40 years Duty Station: Kigumba
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Office Management or Secretarial Studies or an equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Must be Computer literate in Ms. Applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Internet
- Must possess excellent good Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Must have at least a minimum of three years’ work experience
At least one (1) years’ experience in a reputable Organization.
The Personal Secretary will provide professional, secretarial and administrative support in the office of the Principal and ensure efficient and effective planning, directing, managing and coordination of the day-to-day activities. He/She will also ensure the provision of personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner and on a variety of tasks related to the Principal’s office. He/ She must have the ability to work independently and in a team. He/She will report to the Institute Secretary.
- To perform routine Administrative/clerical/ and Secretarial work
- Organize facilities for meetings/workshops or office events in support of the Principal’s activities including booking venues, planning for and providing logistics like equipment, stationary, refreshments and other facilitation for all activities
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date contact list for the Principal’s business engagements
- Act as first point of contact for the Principal’s visitors and ensure provision of good service to them
- Manage all front desk requirements in the office of the Principal courteously and responding to their inquiries professionally.
- Responsible for Secretarial services in the office of the Principal and to take dictation, transcribing, editing and presenting accurate work.
If you meet the above, please submit your application in
Triplicate with detailed CV and attachments to: The Principal,
Uganda Petroleum Institute -Kigumba, P.O Box 187,
Bweyale – Kiryandongo District. Deadline: Two Weeks from the date of advertisement.