Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC) is an indigenous registered non-for-profit making Christian based organization affiliated to “The MityanaCharity”, a registered Charity in the United Kingdom responsible for supporting MUC development projects in Uganda. MUC currently operates in four districts in Uganda that include Mityana, Mubende, Kiboga and Kyankwanzi.
The program areas of focus of Mityana Uganda Charity over the years include; Human Rights, Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Agriculture, Education and Health.
With funding from IDF for the Human Rights Project, MUC is desirous of filling the above vacant position:
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duty station: Mityana District, Uganda
Reporting Line: Project Manager
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Documentation Officer will offer support in the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) functions for the project including maintenance of project data systems, data collection, collation, analysis, results reporting and manage utilization of data and information in accordance with the Project’s Results Framework. In addition, s/he will be responsible for documenting all project activities including production of relevant newsletters and success stories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production of quarterly newsletters.
- Production of stories of change booklet
- Produce case studies, best practices, field experiences, newsletter, e-bulletins and other advocacy materials.
- Responsible for coordinating radio talk in consultation with the project manager
- Soliciting community views on land issues and air messages on radio stations
- Actively, maintain and update social media account about project updates.
- Document all necessary project activities.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Work in close collaboration with the project manager, develop tailored frameworks and plans to enable robust monitoring of project performance and quality.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) elements of the various project activities.
- Responsible for designing and developing all the necessary project monitoring tools and train relevant staff their use.
- Regularly monitor the necessary project indicators.
- Regularly verify that the project is being implemented according to the goal, objectives and outputs established and document this in quarterly reports
- Participate in documenting key lessons and cases and produce relevant learning outputs for the broader industry
- Manage the process of reporting in the MUC system, inclusive of data collection & quality assurance.
- Ensure that learning from the projects and evaluations are well documented and made available to relevant stakeholders; as well as observe and record those tendencies, patterns and information gaps necessary to improve programme design and decision-making.
- Actively participate in MUC programme M&E networks and communities of practice and other areas as required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as assigned in alignment with the objectives of MUC.
Required Key Skills Competencies:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Human Rights or any other related field. Possession of a Postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation of human rights with a special focus land rights.
- At least 3 years of professional working experiences in development sectors in middle level position with NGOs
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing M&E data bases.
- Working experiences on Monitoring Evaluation and Documentation is preferable and ability to work under pressure and cope with varied workloads.
- Good knowledge and experience in developing project success stories, lessons learn and case studies
- Experience in areas of Gender and Social inclusion.
- Good knowledge on women and land rights in Uganda.
- Readiness to go to field visits with minimum facilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and ready to work long hours if required before and after office hours and off days as well.
- Good knowledge of computer application especially word, excel, power-point and different software
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their;
- Application Letter
- CV with at least 3 referees
- Academic papers addressed to
The Human resource and Admin Officer,
Mityana (U) Charity,
P.O.Box 289, Mityana Uganda.
All the application documents should be zip in one folder not exceeding 2MB.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 15th July 2016.