Monitoring Evaluation and Learning. Director, CLUSA Uganda
- Post Date:January 3, 2017
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps businesses thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect business enterprises, highlighting the impact that economic development has in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 17 countries in Africa. Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA Uganda has received funding from MasterCard Foundation to reach young people in Northern and Mid – Western Uganda in the ages of 15 – 24 and support them to establish sustainable commercial enterprises. The organization is therefore seeking for qualified candidates for the following positions on its MasterCard funded project: Youth Empowerment Through Agriculture (YETA).
TITLE: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning. Director,
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, CLUSA Uganda
SECOND LEVEL REPORT: Regional Director, Southern and
Eastern Africa POST: Kampala, Uganda
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide overall leadership in monitoring and evaluation of YETA program
- Adhere to all reporting requirements that will include developing and implementing reporting schedules and templates; training M&E and program staff; and timely submission of reports.
- Analyze data and generate reports based on findings;
- Lead all data collection and analysis activities that will include youth profiling/cohort analysis, baseline and final evaluation studies, other special studies and routine project monitoring.
- Manage web-based on-line monitoring and evaluation system for the
- Liaise with COP and Technical Staff on learning’s generated from
reporting especially in terms of indicator completion and participate in
planning meetings for any course corrections;
- Respond to periodic donor and headquarters requests for additional
information on project activities and results;
- Work closely technical staff to ensure projects milestones are hit (internal as well as external), outputs delivered as promised, and outcomes achieved
- Provide support to sub-awardees by assisting in preparing their M&E
plans and training them in proper reporting techniques; provide support
in problem-solving when necessary;
- Maintain accurate files for all performance indicators for the program and
for all grantee’s activities progress;
- Attend and represent the program at official meetings with government and other partners in a professional manner.
- Direct oversight of the Data Management Specialist and Monitoring Officers based in the field; provide these staff with performance feedback throughout the year;
- Mentor and build capacity of Program staff around best practices for M&E
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree, with a minimum of 8 years’ experience, with donor funded monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Experience in database management:
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong knowledge of statistical softwares e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing surveys, assessments and evaluations;
- Thorough knowledge of US Government policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
- Strong written/oral communication;
- Knowledge of smallholder agriculture, agribusiness, youth programming, and/or rural enterprise development desired;
- Ability to work with people and willingness to support and train others;
- Very high degree of social, political and cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to travel to project sites nationwide.
- Fluency in English required and/or Kiswahili preferred;
Writing samples will be requested as part of this application..
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters and CV with 3 traceable referees including immediate supervisors should be sent to the YETA Chief of Party, NCBA CLUSA Uganda, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title clearly referenced in the subject line by dose of business W). December 2016
The applications can also be hand delivered to our head office on Plot 19, Binayomba Road, Bugolobi, Kampala.
Please provide daytime contact telephone number. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Those who earlier applied for the post of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning, Director, need not re-apply.
Related Jobs (10)
GRANTS & STRATEGIC ACTIVITIES FUND (SAF) ASSISTANT on July 24, 2017 Full Time