Monitoring and Recoveries Officers
- Post Date:December 19, 2016
- Apply Before: March 2, 2017
|JOB TITLE : Monitoring and Recoveries Officers (3)
DIVISION : Development Finance – Credit Analysis and Recoveries
GRADE: UDBL 6
|REPORTS TO: Manager Credit & Portfolio Management
LOCATION : Head Office
|JOB SUMMARY||The Monitoring and Recoveries Officer is part of a team dedicated to ensuring that the bank’s portfolio remains healthy and in line with the policies and guidelines through well-organized debt collection and ongoing monitoring and supervision efforts.|
|MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||The Main Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
• Working closely with Relationship Managers to ensure smooth project implementation and that all key financing terms and conditions are adhered to;
• Ensuring efficient and effective debt collection and recovery through the development, review and application of appropriate project monitoring and recovery procedures in line with the Bank’s credit policies and guidelines;
• Carrying out regular reviews of all projects to ensure that all agreed criteria and milestones are being met; and reporting any variances;
• Monitor periodic compliance to loan covenants and ensure all assets mortgaged to the Bank are ensured and valued periodically.
• Liaise and provide support to business development and credit analysis teams by identifying pertinent market conditions and trends that may affect the bank’s loan portfolio.
• Ensure compliance to policies and procedures during attachment and disposal of attached collateral. Liaise and follow up with debt collectors, court bailiffs, auctioneers and lawyers on cases submitted.
• Maximizing recoveries from NPLs and written off accounts and work closely with auctioneers, beliefs Debt Collection Agencies and legal team to maximize recoveries.
• Review and recommend enhancements, including system enhancements, to improve current work flow/processes to minimize credit risks and increase efficiency.
A good first degree preferably in Commerce/Business studies/Quantitative Economics/Statistics/Engineering/Law or any related field.
A Masters Degree in any of the above or related fields, or professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, ACIB, etc.) would be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
Minimum of 3 years similar or relevant experience in a financial institution or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing;
Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.