- Job ID
- Location Name
- Information Technology
More information about this job
This manager leads an information technology support team to provide application and operational support within local offices or remotely. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full, daily management for assigned professional and support staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy department objectives. The incumbent will ensure accomplishment of department responsibilities based on oversight from senior management, following established practices, organizational strategy, department guidelines, and within approved budget.
*Candidates must be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual in a secondary language (native to the region) is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Leads a team of client service professionals who respond to personnel requests for local and remote technical support. Manages the documentation and tracking of incidents to ensure a timely resolution in accordance with service level agreements and standards. Further manages regional coordination, communication and representation for Compassion’s global technology initiatives. Partners with global leadership to coordinate technical needs, support, and strategy.
- Works through subordinate professionals to lead the adoption of best practices relating to commonly occurring technical issues while also managing consultants with appropriate technical or service personnel outside the team or organization for complex issues. Leads efforts to maximize the team’s level of service and efficiency. Further manages regional coordination, communication, and representation for Compassion’s global technology standards and initiatives. When applicable, partners with Compassion leaders internationally to coordinate technical needs, support, and strategy.
- Assesses software and infrastructure solutions utilized by the team’s client group and anticipates potential issues or problems. Serves as a consultant in the analysis of new technologies to be adopted by the client group and therefore supported by the client service support team. Prepares client service support professionals accordingly.
- Provides appropriate training and development opportunities for client service professionals in applicable areas of global IT standards and practices. Leverages team resources to solve complex technical problems for the client groups served. Further manages regional coordination, communication and representation for Compassion’s global technology initiatives.
- Provides vendor management and post-award administration for monitoring service level agreements, making scope determinations, and implementing resolutions that protect the ministry. Resolves vendor-related problems with regard to specifications, timing, quality, quantity, and delivery.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Disaster & Emergency Management or related discipline
- 5-7 years of manging an IT Support team preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional credential granted by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, Inc.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 15% of normal schedule