Manager of Creative Content
- Post Date:June 14, 2017
Manager of Creative Content
This leader provides direct management and oversight to content creation professionals working domestically or in the field to create various forms of design, digital video, photojournalism, or copywriting creative for multi-faceted creative concepts and communication. Further, these professionals create content for a variety of media including print, interactive, and video. Works closely with the US based Global Content team to maintain direct communication and provide local content updates. Assists in interpreting global marketing needs into relevant local assignments. Contributes to content innovation and improved content design that aligns contextually for local country and culture. Able to present local stories to a global market with an inspiring call to action. Understand and enforce sensitive messaging guidelines. Provides timely media reporting and communication for disaster reporting. Contributes to special projects. The primary purpose of this position is to provide full, daily management for assigned professional staff. This responsibility includes hiring, discipline, and termination, as well as, coaching, performance management, assigning, checking, and approving work to satisfy department objectives. Will ensure accomplishment of department responsibilities based on oversight from senior management, following established practices, organizational strategy, department guidelines, and within approved budget.
*Candidates must be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual in a secondary language (native to the region) is preferred.
*Please note that applications will be accepted until the end of June. Review and interviews with candidates will not begin until early July.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Supervises a team of professionals that utilize advanced creative and communication arts concepts and multi-faceted art across a variety of platforms to develop creative ideas and concepts for specified strategies, carrying them from conception to completion. Further, this leader ensures that concepts and designs are targeted in response to communication strategies and goals of the organization, incorporating art, photos, video, and writing as appropriate.
- Manages and oversees subordinate professionals in developing diverse creative content through different mediums that upholds brand standards and guidelines to maintain the integrity, distinction, and consistency of the Compassion brand. Manages collaboration with international Compassion offices, including in-person visits, to obtain potential creative leads and content ideas and share creative when possible.
- Provides functional leadership and oversees appropriate training for subordinate professionals regarding the latest developments in their respective creative discipline.
- Manages creative professionals who design, develop, and create various materials to support a wide variety of requests from large scale and complex marketing initiatives. Further, manages the development and production of results-oriented, effective, brand-building videos that support and strengthen Compassion’s marketing strategy.
- Manages rapid delivery of just-in-time creative content during regional and country specific times of crisis and disaster situations.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- 5 years content creation with at least 2 years in team leadership preferred
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule
Deadline for application is 30th June 2017.
Related Jobs (10)
Head, Department of Expedited Mail Services (1 Position) on July 12, 2017 Full Time