Manager of Audit (Regional)
- Post Date:June 14, 2017
- Job ID
- Location Name
- Audit and Risk
More information about this job
The Manager of Audit will provide management and oversight of the Audit Supervisors in the Africa region. The incumbent collaborates with global leaders to coordinate audit activities throughout Compassion’s operations. His or her team uses their passion and skills to facilitate organizational accountability and integrity through a variety of audit-related activities including global process audits, local partnership assessments, supporting management requests, and investigations. The cross-cultural leader uses their strong virtual management abilities to provide coaching and guidance to Audit Supervisors as their teams provide assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of Compassion operations. The regional leader applies their strong, professional internal audit background and operational experience to bring an enterprise and regional perspective to their audit team’s successful achievement of department responsibilities. The incumbent develops his or her people to understand global operations, enterprise risk management, and the control framework. The Manager of Audit’s overall responsibilities include working closely with the Audit Management Team to ensure successful implementation of departmental practices within the approved budget, aligning work to support organizational strategy, and developing cross-functional relationships with other functions’ regional leaders. His or her people management responsibilities include hiring, coaching, performance management, discipline, and termination, as well as, assigning, checking, and approving work to support the achievement of department objectives.
*Candidates must be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual in a secondary language (native to the region) is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Provides leadership, planning and consultation to subordinates, executives, and peer management in the successful alignment of assigned department resources to ensure achievement of operational priorities and initiatives, integrating priorities within organizational strategies to ensure that department’s purpose is fulfilled.
- Contributes to or prepares and administers the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Selects, manages and develops assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Partners with ministry leaders, managers, and other audit and risk management professionals, collaborating across functions to plan and manage audits that review supporting documents for Compassion operations to ensure organizational accountability and integrity and maintain operational excellence.
- Provides professional, insightful recommendations concerning key decisions on Compassion’s standards, controls, programs, and processes. Implements initiatives to improve consistency, scalability, quality and efficiency of audits; provides opinion and assurance on control framework issues, including: internal policies and procedures, industry standards and requirements, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that assigned staff conduct audits and investigations in a manner that builds partnership with Compassion and Partners and is successful in identifying root causes that can be corrected to ensure ongoing improvement and future successes.
- May travel to Compassion project sites to participate in or lead the audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Ensures that audits are conducted in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or related discipline.
7 years minimum of operational auditing experience strongly preferred.
Proven ability to manage and lead both regional and cross cultural teams.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) granted by The Institute of Internal Auditors, or similar credential.
*** Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above ***
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment with Remote possibility
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 40% of normal schedule
Other: The manager will demonstrate an ability to develop positive and trusting cross-cultural relationships.
Deadline for application is 30th June 2017.