Manager Credit & Portfolio Management
- Post Date:December 19, 2016
- Apply Before: March 2, 2017
|JOB TITLE : Manager Credit & Portfolio Management
DIVISION: Development Finance – Credit Analysis
GRADE: UDBL 3
|REPORTS TO : Director Development Finance
SUPERVISES : Credit Analysts & Monitoring & recoveries Officers
LOCATION : Head Office
|LAST UPDATE :|
|JOB SUMMARY||The Manager Credit & Portfolio Management ensures quality of the bank’s loan portfolio from inception and on an ongoing basis|
|MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES||The Main Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
Support Credit Analysis:
• Lead a team of credit analyst in conducting independent analysis in support of credit origination, renewal, and review in line with the bank’s risk appetite.
• Ensure that all credit applications and supporting documents are vetted for accuracy, completeness and compliance with policy;
• Ensure that the proposed terms and conditions for financing are commensurate with the identified level of risk and fully in line with the bank’s credit policies and guidelines and are properly reflected in the recommendations to Departmental, Management and Board credit committees.
Project Management and Supervision:
Monitoring of the performance and grading of the loan portfolio on a regular/monthly basis and, where appropriate, recommending corrective actions to management in order to ensure adherence to credit policy;
Ensure regular performance of stress testing on the portfolio;
Ensure regular monitoring of individual projects through supervision visits and/or review of client information to confirm compliance with financing covenants;
Oversee the preparation of departmental and bank-wide credit and portfolio reports in line with the Bank’s credit policy.
Problem Projects Management:
Actively monitor the portfolio and identify projects under distress and initiate work out procedures;
Liaise with Legal and other Departments to ensure that problem projects are assessed and appropriate remedial measures are identified and pursued in order to achieve turn around projects and/or recovery through all available means;
A good first degree in Economics, Banking, Commerce or Business Administration, Engineering or any other numerate degree from a recognized university;
A Masters Degree in any of the above or related fields, or professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA, ACIB, etc.).
Minimum of eight (8) years similar or relevant experience in a large financial institution or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing; of which three (3) should be at management level.
Strong analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.
Proven track record and experience in successful investment, appraisal, analysis and implementation is required.
Related Jobs (10)
Sales and Marketing Offices (Salesmen) (30 Positions) on February 22, 2017 Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (1 Position) on February 22, 2017 Full Time