Manager Compliance and Enforcement
- Post Date:July 10, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board Secretary/Director Legal
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager Compliance and Enforcement will primarily ensure compliance with national laws and NIRA regulations, policies and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains an effective system of control that helps ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and institutional policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of laws and regulations and to determine how laws affect NIRA policy, procedures, and/or practices.
- Serves as a reference point for all aspects relating to compliance management within the Authority, including the responsibility of arranging training to staff, management and members of the board in the various compliance issues that the NIRA is exposed to
- Prepares reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested to keep management informed of the operations and progress of the compliance efforts with the public.
- Regularly responds to compliance inquiries from staff
- Guides management on changes in laws and regulations that impact on areas of NIRAs operations
- Maintains and monitors implementation of the Fraud Prevention Plan.
- Keenly reviews new advertising copies for adherence to the relevant laws and regulations prior to publication.
- Establishes and co-ordinates a compliance calendar for the annual review and approval of the NIRA policies and procedures by the Board of Directors. This schedule is to be revised from time to time as policies and procedures are added, deleted or changed.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board Secretary/Director Legal
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Compliance and Enforcement vacancy should hold a Bachelors Degree with Honours in Law with a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from a recognised institution
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and/or a Masters degree in law or a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant working experience, three of which should have been at management level in a reputable public or private organization
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good IT literacy and computer skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
Related Jobs (10)
Program Assistant and Executive Coordinator, Central Region Office on January 16, 2017 Full Time