BRAC, one of the largest Non-Governmental Development Organization in the world, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance. BRAC Uganda invites suitably qualified Ugandan to fill up the available vacant positions.
Job Title: Manager, Administration/Operations (1 position) Reports to: Country Representative, BRAC Uganda Ltd Location: Kampala (Country Office)
Core Roles and Responsibilities Procurement:
- Ensure procurement management with BRAC efficiency by planning and implementing of procurement guideline, ensuring value for money and quality of goods/materials and managing the procurement plan and committee for the organisation.
- Supervision of day to day purchase and procurement of goods and service.
- Supervise submission of invoices received for goods delivered/services rendered to Finance department after verification along with supporting documents.
- Maintain supply chain with BRAC efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment.
- Supervise overall logistics operation i.e. power management, travel management, store and inventory management.
- Supervise and manage day to day fleet operation, disposal and records.
General office administration:
- Supervise day to day office management and case by case trouble shooting in terms of administration.
- Maintain BRAC services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Keep management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends and relevant factors.
- Maintain networks and communication to establish
- professional societies in relation to administration.
- Prepare, modify and amend institutional contracts, lease contracts, rental agreement, fuel and vehicle contracts, case reports etc. with regard to main and field offices
- Deal with Government and other stakeholders in relation to administration.
- Give support to the Security manager on security issues, taking measures to introduce and implement policy and procedures, keeping updated with internal and external stakeholders regarding the security of the organisation.
- Supervise and guide on maintenance of both BRAC offices and residence and taking initiative to solve the maintenance issues when they arise.
- Result orientated staff management by supervision, work delegation, trouble shooting, motivation, capacity building and contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management and Administration. A Masters in Management is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent communication skills, liaison and coordination skills.
- Ability to supervise, motivate, delegate and contribute to team efforts.
- Report writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organization, coordination & networking skills.
- Pro-active issues management skills and decision making abilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications, must submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (including: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least 3 referees in Ms. Office Word Document), All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents, MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE. In total, there must only be 2 attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, Not later than 20th June, 2017 the subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
- Only Soft Copy Applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.