Our client, a well-established multinational oil company wishes to recruit two (2) Logistics Assistants who will be reporting to the Transport Coordinator/Stock Accountant. One of the Logistics Assistants will be stationed at Mutukula and the other one at Malaba
The job holder will be responsible for the receipt, vetting, verification and coordination of all trucks entering Uganda at the designated border entry point. Duties will include:
- Truck receipt and confirmation:
Receives the trucks destined for the company’s premises in Uganda and confirms that they have done all the necessary border entry documentation and verification.
- Product confirmation:
Does a physical confirmation and verification of the product quantities as loaded from the loading point.
- System Stock update:
Informs the head office of the truck received and the verified product and quantity after making a check.
- Truck dispatch:
Dispatches the truck to its next destination after confirmation from the head office and ensures the truck has the required documents and seals for its next destination.
- Product reconciliation:
Reconciles between the product loaded and the product actually received at the yard and presents such reconciliation to the head office on a daily basis.
- Truck management:
Supervises and manages all trucks and respective drivers while at the waiting yard.
- A Diploma in Logistics Management or its equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in fuel logistics and depot operations.
- Must be computer literate especially MS Packages
- Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Team leadership skills
- Customer oriented.
- Energetic and ready to work long hours with minimum supervision:
- Team leader with strong personality and of high integrity:
- Proactive, confident energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and use good organization skills.
- Assertiveness with a never-give-up attitude
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Proper truck receipt and verification
- Product reconciliation
- Truck and driver management
- Proper product movement documentation
- Prompt head office update on truck movement.
Email your application indicating your current/past salary to email@example.com by 23rd June 2017. Please also indicate on your application, the location you wish to be posted to (either Mutukula or Malaba).