LEGAL OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
- Post Date:January 10, 2017
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Bachelor Degree
Qualified persons who meet the stated minimum requirements are invited to apply for the following vacancies which exist within the company. Interested candidates should send application letters attaching copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts and a detailed CV, to reach the address below not later than 6th January 2017:
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration
P.O. Box 7106, Kampala
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- Candidates who do not receive feedback within a month’s time from the deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful
JOB TITLE: LEGAL OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
DEPARTMENT: COMPANY SECRETARIAT
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, LEGAL SERVICES
To support the Manager, Legal services in the management of legal affairs of the organization and adequately defend the organization and maintain a vibrant legal/secretarial image.
- Provide legal advice relating to civil disputes and criminal cases, locate , interview and guide witnesses.
- Conduct legal research for preparation of court cases in which the organization has an interest.
- Provide necessary information to external lawyers for proper execution of cases in which the organization has interest, attend court sessions and assist in trials.
- Represent the company in courts of law and tribunals.
- Represent the company in any labour disputes in line with the Human Resource guidelines and policies.
- Prepares legal documents on instruction of the supervisor.
- Interprets legal documents and enlighten staff on relative legal affairs.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to supervisor.
- Attends meetings of all Management committees in the absence of the Manager, Legal services.
- Attends to correspondences as assigned and any other task as may be assigned from time to time
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key performance indicators
- Conclude outstanding court cases
- Submit reports on milestones registered
- Legal compliance throughout the organization.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws ( Hons) • Diploma in Legal Practice
- Two years as enrolled advocate of the High Court
- Minimum Two (2) years relevant working experience
- Good communication, organization and public relations skills.
- Good knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Demonstrable proficiency in legal research.