Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Qualification Master’s Degree
Salary Scale: CUK 08
Reports to: Head of Department – Education
Duty Station: BBUC Kabale
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To teach at undergraduate level in areas allocated by the supervisor
- To carry out research, teaching, mentoring, and administration within the Faculty of Education.
- To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and teach graduate (Masters) students.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programs of study and other activities as requested.
- To contribute to departmental, Faculty, wide working groups or committees as requested.
- Will be involved in community outreach.
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Master’s degree in Science and Information Technology or a related field from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science & information Technology or a relevant field (2:1) from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Must have University teaching experience at the rank of a Lecturer or an Assistant Lecturer for at least two (2) years, or Tutorial Assistant for at least three (3) years.
- Must have at least one scholarly article or publication OR should have undertaken at least one research paper.
- Must be a mature and committed Christian
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vita and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership).
- Attach copies of academic, professional certificates and transcripts
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5:00p.m. Friday, 22nd July 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted