Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Master’s Degree
Salary Scale: CUM 5
Duty Station: Mbale Campus
Reports to: Head of Department
Division: Academic Affairs
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Teach at undergraduate level in areas allocated by the Dean of Faculty/Head of Department.
- Carry out research, teaching, mentoring, supervision and administration within the
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Assist in the development of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance
- Class preparation, teaching and evaluation of students in accordance with the University curriculum.
- Supervising students’ placements, internships and research papers.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks including and not limited to participating in various student activities e.g. attending Faculty board meetings.
- Setting and marking course works and final examinations.
- Assisting in supervising of exams to ensure that exams are done according to rules and regulations.
- Advising students on academic and other related issues.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualification & Experience
- Must have a Master’s degree in law from a recognized Institution of higher Learning.
- Must have at least a Bachelors’ degree in law from a recognized Institution of higher Learning.
- Must have University teaching experience as an Assistant Lecturer for at least two (2) years or as a Tutorial Assistant for at least three (3) years.
- Must have at least one scholarly article or publication OR should have undertaken at least one research paper.
- Should be a mature and committed Christian.
- Should have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self driven and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references.
- Attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
Or email to email@example.com
Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, 22nd July 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted