In order to strengthen and advance our position as the market leader, Mantrac Uganda Ltd invites applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified graduates for employment in the following position.
Health and Safety Officer (1 position)
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing all safety policies and practices in line with Mantrac Group’s Safety Vision and Principles, and work practices
- Ensure company and customer HSE procedures and safe working practices are strictly followed, with the aim of reducing lost time incidents.
- Strive towards completion of comprehensive Safe Work/Operating Procedures for all Mantrac operations.
- Implement a strategy for Mantrac Uganda for completing Job Safety Analysis for each task.
- Encourage and assist in the development of Risk Assessments to be carried out in each work area consistently.
- Analyze accidents, and report findings of investigations and suggest corrective actions.
- Ensure and maintain procedures for the handling, storage and transport of hazardous substances including their disposal.
- Coordinate the Safety Committee functions including workplace inspections, accident investigations and quarterly meetings.
- Monitor the contents and condition of the first-aid boxes and firefighting equipment
- Keep management up to date with new legislation.
- Promote Health and Safety awareness through the business.
- Ensure all HSE training is carried out, for example, health & safety committee trainings, fire marshal training, first aid training or any other HSE related training as required.
- Establish and maintain safety KPI (Key Performance Indicator) data Lagging/Leading indicators.
- Manage the fleet and facility
- Keep updated, comprehensive registers on all safety and environmental related registers, ie. Lifting tackles, Ladders, Fire Extinguishers, Chains, Electrical Tooling etc.
Qualifications/ experience and competencies
- Degree in physical sciences or related qualification.
- Diploma or equivalent qualification in health & safety or environmental sciences is a requirement
- 3 years post academic experience in Health, Safety and environment Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Report writing skills
- Able to initiate and generate activity and make prompt clear decisions
- Good with detail and a good planner
To apply send a copy of your updated curriculum vitae and cover letter including photocopies of your academic papers to the contact given below:
The Human Resource Manager,
Mantrac Uganda Limited Plot 17/41,7th Street, Industrial Area P.0 BOX 7126 Kampala, Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5pm on the 15th September 2017