If you want to become part of a dynamic team and have the desire
to build an insurance landscape in Uganda where everyone uses
insurance, then this challenging and exciting role is just for you.
aYo Holdings, the parent company of aYo Uganda, was formed as part
of a Joint Venture between the MTN Group and MMI Holdings based
in South Africa. The purpose of aYo is to make insurance relevant,
accessible and easy to use in those markets in which we operate.
aYo Uganda is seeking to recruit a seasoned Head of Sales who will
spearhead the accelerated growth of our business. The Head of Sales
will directly report to the Chief Executive Officer and v/e are looking
for a candidate with high levels of energy and agility to drive the
business in a very dynamic and exciting environment
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
used within the sales environment. Proactively monitors and strives
to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency
in the sales organisation’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates
planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the
- Drive volume and sates growth across aYo’s full product range and
present practical strategies that will support this growth.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sates force targets and ensures
targets are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Ensure that the sales force are productive and properly managed end
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality
and prioritise opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management
in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates
an organisation of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and
other intelligence essential to aYo Uganda. Recommends revisions to
existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as
- Implements enabling technologies to sales teams.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales-. sales management-, and
sates support personnel. Provide input to senior leadership in the
development and administration of sales incentive compensation
- Working with Group Head of Sales and Distribution, Finance,
and Human Resources, pro-rides assistance with sales incentive
compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required
to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program
policies and procedures.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with
other key management personnel.
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives of the business
- Accountable for achieving performance targets of the product suite.
Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales and distribution-
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and
training resources impacting the sates organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
Formal Education, professional qualifications and relevant working
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce. Business Administration or related
field (or related qualification)
- A relevant master degree will be advantageous.
- 5 years’ managerial experience in leading a sales team.
- Your wide market knowledge, product knowledge, communication- and
negotiation skills complimented with your ability to lead and guide the
sales teams will make you the ideal candidate.
- Extensive experience in Sales and Distribution, preferably at a retail
- Top level attention to detail and the ability to manage the sales process
at a granular level.
- A track record of excellent and demonstrable performance delivery in a
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases. MS
Required Skills and Attributes
- A motivated, focused, disciplined professional, with the drive and
dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and
possess the ability to make an immediate
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and
result-oriented skills, and experienced m managing objectives with the
customer in mind.
- Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tactful, ability to
plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions.
- Exemplary and honest, with a high level of energy and integrity, and
able to work under minimum supervision.
- Flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, communication,
negotiation presentation, report-writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to coordinate and motivate a team towards a common goal.
- Very strong customer centricity and – service orientation.
- Competitive and profit driven; re-invents competitive advantage to
- Able to interact with all levels of management, suppliers and dents
- Be a change agent and mode;, bringing creative solutions and
challenging status quo.
- Fluency in English and in a major local language
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by logging your resume and academic
testimonials onto www.talentconsults.com,
Please send a copy of your resume, cover letter as well as academe
documents by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is 13th December 2017.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.