INTERNATIONAL LIFELINE FUND – (ILF)
Position: Head of Marketing-Stoves
Reports to: Senior Program Manager-Environment
Grade: Salary: C
Duration: 1 year renewable
International Lifeline Fund is currently seeking to recruit Head of Marketing-stoves to fulfil an exciting role within the organization. This role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work with high performing colleagues and the opportunity to make a significant impact to the organisation.
The Head of Marketing is primarily responsible for supervising, managing and operating the marketing of stoves activity in accordance with the Lifeline country strategic priorities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Developing marketing strategies for optimizing the distribution of stoves
- Achieving marketing and sales operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans.
- Create/expand sales team in targeted markets in coordination with the senior program Manager.
- Meeting marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements. E.g. preparing marketing and sales budget.
- Achievement of sales, profit and strategic objective of the business.
- Establish pricing strategy and recommend selling price.
- Analysis trend of demands and supplies.
- Proactively identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements.
- Reporting eg; weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Maintain and updating established credit sales template.
- Conducting planed in house refresher training on stoves and marketing.
- Assessing marketing tools for energy efficient stoves.
- Set up and assessing a vendor / Stove hub network.
- Monitoring and report on stove vendors’ progression.
- Developing a model for carrying out assessment, surveys in new locations.
- Ensuring that the vendors / hubs submit their reports in a timely manner and have sufficient reporting templates.
- Identifying new vendors / Stove Hubs in the region through marketing surveys and working in collaboration with the FES trainer to train new vendors
- Setting-up new hubs and supporting, monitoring the hubs for their smooth functioning.
- Facilitating media and promotional activities, campaigns and events for the stove program.
- Day to day management of the marketing team
- Training of new marketers / commission agents
- Participating in the evaluation of the marketing team periodically
- Ensuring timely distribution of stoves to vendors
- Ordering required materials for marketing in coordination with the Head of Stoves Operation
- Maintaining a detailed inventory of stoves distributed to vendors
- Providing monthly planning for relevant program purchases
- Providing accountability for marketing purchases in the form of invoices, receipts, deposit slips, cash counts and sales agreements and compiling weekly sales reports
- Under the supervision of Head of Stoves Operation, planning the weekly and monthly marketing activities & annual / Quarterly / Monthly work plans including forecasts
- Participating in the regular evaluation of activities and performance
- He/she should have proven track record in increasing sales in a similar business.
- He/she should be able use online platforms like Facebook, tweeter, instagram etc; to promote the business.
- Personal competence, discipline, professional team player with the drive to work under pressure. Very good knowledge of Office Word and Excel and market penetration.
Diploma in Marketing, Environment or any other relevant Business field, with at least 3 years extensive experience in marketing and distribution. The candidate should also have experience in business management related to energy efficient stoves,
Knowledge of the government’s guidelines regarding marketing policies and community mobilization experienced in creating sustainable partnerships with private sector, government, other stakeholders and NGO’s is an added advantage.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your cover letter, resume, and academic credentials either personal to office, or by post, or by email using the below information. Deadline for submission is 23rd February 2018. Please note that only successful candidates shall be contacted.
NB: Any kind of lobbing will led to automatic disqualification.