Head of Human Resources and industrial relations
- Post Date:September 7, 2017
We offer exiling career opportunities for deserving Ugandan candidates. Head of Human Resources and industrial relations (RE-ADVERTISED)
Summary/Objective: The employee relations manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee/tabor relations and staffing functions. Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Directs classification plans and programs, coordinates preparation of position descriptions, and oversees job evaluations.
- Administers and interprets various labor agreements. administers grievance procedures; provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Administers and reviews reports and monitors program costs; and recommends policy changes to the management.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies.
- Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement. 8. Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
- Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals. 10. Handles college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Manages relocation, immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration.
- Ensures compliance with all state discrimination and employment regulations.
- Planning & conduct training programs for various category of staff.
- Handling and control payroll functions
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in human resources management or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee/labor relations in large factory setup.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements Proven track record in handling union and management relations at current role Competencies Problem Solving/Analysis. Human Resources Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency. Leadership. Customer/Client Focus.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Supervisory Responsibility This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work, This is a full-time position Based in JINJA- UGANDA Travel Limited travel is expected for this position.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to apply: Candidates meeting the above requirements should forward their applications. CV and copies of Academic and professional certificates not later than 15th September 2017. To: The General Manager BIDCO Uganda Limited P.0. Box 1136 JINJA UGANDA Email- email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org (This position (s) is gender neutral). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who applied in the previous advert need not apply again.