Head Fundraising and strategic partnerships
- Post Date:June 6, 2017
Position: Head Fundraising and strategic partnerships (one position)
Terms: Attractive but negotiable and will consist of a retainer and majorly commission payment
Reporting: Reports to DVC
About Ndejje university (NDU)
NDEJJEUNIVERSITY is private, multi –campus, Christian university in Uganda. Established in 1992, Ndejje University is the oldest privet university and the fastest growing in Uganda. In 1995 the university gained its status under the ownership of six church of Uganda dioceses in Buganda Region in what is known as “Ndejje university Foundation consortium”. The consortium is registered as Company limited by Guarantee, not having share capital.
In 2009 the university was chattered by the national council for Higher Education (NCHE) of Uganda meaning that all certificates awarded at the university where nationally and internationally recognized. Also, all course offered in the university were accredited by the same body. The university further subscribes to the university council for East Africa and Association of African universities.
Ndejje University through its multiple programs (Day, Evening, Weekend and Distance Learning) offers and wards certificates in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses to a student population of about 8,000 both Uganda and foreign. The university has a steady growth rate each academic year, with two intakes each year, that is January and August intakes respectively.
Vision: To be a leading private university Christian based university in Uganda, offering quality academic and professional programs, and producing graduates of integrity.
MSISSION: The mission of the university is to provide Christian based high quality and innovative teaching, research and outreach services.
NDU is seeking a head of fundraising strategic partnerships as we expand our capacity in the area of institutional fundraising to complement a new strategic growth plan. NDU is proud of its strategic government funding partners. It is a now seeking to expand its institutional funding basis with new partners. This newly created role offers a unique opportunity for an experienced relationship and partnership specialist with a passion for sustainable development and fundraising. As a vital part of the management team, s/he will drive fundraising with government, intergovernmental and foundation partners.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Head of Fundraising strategic partnerships will develop and implement a fundraising strategy and work to agreed fundraising targets. S/he will ensure the smooth development and implementation of NDU‘s fundraising. S/he will lead a team and collaborate with all units in the university, including regional hubs. The position may require some international travel
- Develop and execute a fundraising strategy with KPIs
- Identify and close funding opportunities with foundations, governments and intergovernmental organizations.
- Oversee and prepare proposal, grant submissions, budgets, log frames, evaluations and reports in coordination with relevant staff, oversight throughout the period of the program
- Network and liaise with current and potential donors and partners- close collaboration with the Vice Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellor throughout application and implementation of programs; demonstrate understanding of sustainability reporting, sustainable development and innovation
- Establish and track against growth targets across the fundraising team.
- Manage pipeline and deliver monthly report of fundraising and implementation of ongoing programs
- Manage and motivate the fundraising team.
- Build strong relations internally across all departments
- Key competencies/ requirements
- Proven track record in fundraising and multiyear partnerships, especially with in governmental and intergovernmental organizations
- Proven ability to develop and deliver a fundraising strategy and implementation plan and to meet or exceed fundraising targets.
- Be familiar with fundraising networks- nationally and internationally.
- Minimally 5 years of experience in concise proposal writing, program evaluation and donor reporting.
- A talented and dedicated people manager, with a strong interest in growing and developing a team
- Excellence in building and managing relationship; be a strong network.
- A good communicator and experienced presenter, highly persuasive and ability to inspire.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to represent GRI at all levels and in different cultural settings.
- Knowledge of the fields of sustainability reporting, sustainable development and innovation.
- Grasp of funding mechanism such as ODA, innovation funds and foundation funding schemes.
- Goal and deadline drive; proven track record to deliver in time against the highest possible quality.
- Highly organized with an ability to work independently whilst presenting strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent social skills, friendly and easy to approach working style.
- Strong financial and budgeting capability
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English, German, Swedish, Spanish, Dutch or French language skills would be an advantage.
- Able to work in an international and multi- cultural setting.
- Affinity with the mission and vision of NDU would be an advantage.
- An appropriate Master Degree is required.
- Interested applicants with the necessary qualifications are advised to submit hand written or typed applications (6 copies) with detailed photocopies of supporting and verified academic documents , names and addresses of 3 referees ( one whom should be a religious leader) and their telephone contacts to:University Secretary
P.O.BOX 7088, Kampala
- Deadline for application is 1st July 2017
Related Jobs (2)
DIRECTOR, DIRECTORATE OF RESEARCH AND GRADUATE TRAINING on July 6, 2017 Full Time