Head Finance and Accounting
- Post Date:January 3, 2017
- Apply Before: March 2, 2017
Kilembe Investments Limited (K.I.L) is a Public Liability Limited company that is involved in the distribution and sale of electricity in six districts in the Western Service Territory in Uganda. The company has enjoyed unprecedented growth and expansion in the last seven years. The company is looking for competent, dynamic and enterprising individuals to fill the vacancies listed below:
JOB REF: HRM/KIL/HFA/01/11/16
POSITION: Head Finance and Accounting.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1(one)
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Accounting.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer.
STATION: Head Quarters on Plot 47, Rwenzori Road, Kasese.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract (Three Years Renewable upon satisfactory Performance).
SALARY: As Per established company salary scales and attractive.
PURPOSE: Developing and maintaining a professionally watertight financial management system; ensuring proper inventory management; ensuring safe tracking and management of assets and liabilities so that K.I.L is solvent at all times.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Overseeing Management of receipts and payments.
- Overseeing Banking and withdrawals.
- Preparing budgets and financial statements.
- Appraisal of requisitions within budget.
- Proper Stores management.
- Forecasts department requirements, initiates annual budget proposals, schedules. expenditures, tracks budget for timely corrective action.
- Management of procurement and disposal of assets.
- Oversee Petty cash management.
- Provide dual control and budgetary authorization over payroll administration.
- Oversee maintenance of premises, plant and vehicles.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. •
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures. •
- Set targets for all departmental staff and carry out performance appraisal in collaboration with the head of Human Resource. •
- Delivers gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for branch staff, monitoring sales volume and profit. •
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of KIL are met including Withholding Tax Payments, Income Tax, P.A.Y.E. and Local Services Tax. •
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditors. •
- Prepare all returns for authorities such as Uganda Revenue Authority, NSSF and Municipal Council. •
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions. •
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash. •
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow. •
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget. • Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy. •
- Manage the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll using a custom Accounting Package. •
- Assist the CEO and Board Finance Committee Chairperson with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and provide advice to support the decision making process. •
- Support HR in executing payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner. •
- Assist with financial projections as basis of negotiations and manage the employee defined contribution schemes and benefits plans (e.g NSSF). •
- Oversee the processing and submission of statutory and benefits remittances on time.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of a university degree in accounting or business Administration specializing in Accounting and a Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management or partial CPA/ACCA/ICPAU qualification from a recognized Institution.
• A track record in accounting at middle or at top-management level not less than 2 years in a busy environment.
• Membership to a professional body like CPA, ACCA, ICPAU is desirable
• A Master’s degree, say MBA with a Financial Management/ accounting major is an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates who believe can meet the above criteria should deliver handwritten applications with Curriculum Vitae, indicating daytime telephone number(s), contact addresses, Two recent passport size photographs plus, copies of Certificates/testimonials addressed to:
The Head, Human Resource & Administration, Kilembe Investments Limited, P.O.Box 341, on Plot 47, Rwenzori Road, Kasese. Deadline for receiving applications shall be Monday 16th January 2017 at 5:00pm. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
“KILEMBE INVESTMENTS LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”