Fresher Assistant Accountant/ Administrator
- Post Date:July 10, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level StudentExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager/ Company Secretary
is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant/ Administrator will provide timely, accurate, relevant and reliable management information while maintaining tight budgetary control for dfcu Limited. This will include the processing of all the financial transactions for dfcu Limited, which include but are not limited to payment transactions, both to external suppliers and internal staff on a timely and accurate basis, budget monitoring, computation of tax and filing of tax returns, preparing local purchase orders and management of fixed assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transaction processing, budgetary control and compliance with laws and regulations;
- Prepare payment vouchers for all invoices and staff claims on a timely basis and ensure they have gone through the approved procurement procedures as stated in the Finance and Procurement policy and procedure manuals, and within agreed service levels. Ensure payments duly recorded in the correct entity.
- Prepare local purchase orders and seek approval in line with the procurement policy.
- VAT and WHT:
- Ensure tax is correctly accounted for on all payments in accordance with the Income Tax Act.
- Provide suppliers with their WHT certificates on a timely basis
- Management reporting; Prepare dfcu Limited monthly management accounts and board pack by 7th working day of the month.
- Fixed assets register; accurate maintenance of fixed assets and depreciation register.
- Regular update and maintain procedural documentation (procedures manual) in line with changes in operating processes.
- Organised filing of documents for easy retrieval.
- Office Administration; responsible for the day-to-day management of inquiries, from suppliers, contractors and the public and ensuring all related issues are resolved timely.
- Shareholder matters; Maintenance of the office diary, shareholder dividends payable and ensuring update of contact address is done timely.
- Board Matters; Assist the General Manager in preparation of key Board meetings including the Annual General Meeting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Assistant Accountant/ Administrator job placement should hold a University graduate level in Accounting or Finance.
- Part qualified in accounting profession with a recognised institute (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- A minimum of two years working experience in a Finance related role.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Ugandan tax legislation.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in spread sheets and accounting software.
- Fluent in spoken/written English.
- High integrity and strong character.
- Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Leasing is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 15th July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 29th July 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.