Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, postprimary education, and vocational training for conflict- affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and office of the Prime Minister.
WTU seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the following positions in Kampala.
Fleet Officer (1) based in Kampala: reports to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- To be responsible for assisting in the performance of duties related to a large motor vehicle fleet including such operations as the acquisition, and distribution of vehicles.
- To be responsible for the procurement of repair services, administration of billing and payment, Preparation of reports, preparation of Vehicle registration, maintenance of rules and regulations for fleet.
- To be responsible for maintaining and implementing a system and procedures for the acquisition of new vehicles and disposition of used vehicles.
- To be responsible for developing, maintaining and administering rules and regulations for the operation of fleet and use of organization vehicles.
- To maintain records on operation, maintenance and fuel use and costs for WTU fleet
- To prepare reports as required by WTU and as requested by departmental management personnel.
- To coordinate with relevant agencies and /or ensure on the administration and enforcement of fleet rules and regulations.
- To coordinate fleet insurance claims and /or prepare necessary documents for claims resulting from accidents.
- To procure necessary services for the maintenance of the WTU vehicles and administer a work order maintenance and repair system. As assigned, to oversee a system for the pre-audit of invoices.
Bachelors in Procurement and Logistics with at least 2 years’ Work Experience is required.
Only persons meeting these specifications should apply.
Address your application letter to the Human Resources Administration Manager, and hand deliver your CV, an application letter and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to the Windle House, Plot 726, Mawanda Road – Mulago Hill.
Deadline: 15th August, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted