Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Government Organization that helps children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/ AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults. Learn more at bantwana.org in As an equal opportunity employer, WEI/Bantwana is seeking to hire qualiﬁed persons to fill the following positions;
Reports to: Chief of ﬁnance and Operations
Duty Station: Head Office (with frequent travels to the field)
The Finance Manager will provide leadership and guidance in the management of all financial activities and partner grants of the Bantwana Initiative of World Education (WEI/B) Uganda, to ensure appropriate spending in accordance with partnership agreements and grant regulations/guidelines and WEI/B policies and Guidelines.
S/he is responsible for budget development and management, Grants Management, financial accounting and reporting, oversee financial operations and administrative processes, support financial review and assessment of potential grantees and review grants invoices and accountability, provide capacity building activities related to financial tasks of grantees.
The Finance Manager is initially expected to allocate 70% of the work time to supporting USDOL funded African Youth Empowerment and Development initiative in Uganda (AY_EDI) project, with the remainder to be allocated to support other WEI/Bantwana projects.
- Coordinate budget processes within the in country team relating to work plans, annual forecasts, realignments and all other budgeting processes.
- Monitor budget spending and conduct financial obligations, and other financial activity.
- Support financial assessment of grantees and conduct capacity building activities related to grantee financial tasks.
- Monitor all grantees to ensure proper implementation of sub-grant activities
Manage the grant close out and modifications procedures.
- Administrative and financial management of the Bantwana Uganda Country Programme and ensure a strong internal control environment is established and maintained in accordance with WEI / Bantwana finance policies and procedures and respective Donor policies.
- Manage month end close out processes including review of financial transactions entered into QuickBooks to ensure quality, timely recording and submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations, funding requests to Home Office.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditure reports for the program.
- Coordinate with Home Office team to provide field inputs to all financial reports, including: accruals reports, quarterly reports, work plans, annual reports and any other reporting needs.
- Managing both employee and vendor advances as per WEI policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and abilities.
- At least a first degree in Accounting; a professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage
- At least five years‘ experience working on large project and familiarity with US government funded projects such as USAID and USDOL
- Experience with Quick books accounting package.
- Possess as high standard of personal and professional integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building High level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks
- Experience in handling project start and close-out activities
Job application procedure
If you believe that you have the qualifications, Experience and desirable abilities please apply and send pour cover letter and CV to the
Deadline: Friday July 15, 2016 at 1p.m
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.